Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
  1. #31
    Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Goldstone
    Posts
    32,480


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're indeed correct, although you get what I meant!
    What you meant was clear, you're making the argument that he's making an effort not to get them, and you're evidence is that he's not getting them. Obviously getting 2 against Huddersfield is clear evidence that it's not working.

    I'll ignore the one against Fulham, as that was on purpose.
    Mattress shopping

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      5,907


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dangull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The spelling police is out in force tonight.
      So ARE the grammar police
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #33
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      17,379


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What you meant was clear, you're making the argument that he's making an effort not to get them, and you're evidence is that he's not getting them. Obviously getting 2 against Huddersfield is clear evidence that it's not working.

      I'll ignore the one against Fulham, as that was on purpose.


      A pedant would argue the 2 yellows don't count v Hudds as the equal a red and a red is why he got.. ;) But I do feel he's cleaned up the act a bit. The one he got v Ipswich was very harsh. If he can avoid one in the next 3 he should be fine - Tues is the sort of game he'll get one in though...!
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #34
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      32,480


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A pedant would argue the 2 yellows don't count v Hudds as the equal a red and a red is why he got.. ;)
      I'm living proof that they wouldn't.

      The one he got v Ipswich was very harsh.
      Agreed.
      If he can avoid one in the next 3 he should be fine - Tues is the sort of game he'll get one in though...!
      The bit he can hopefully clean up is the back chat, kicking the ball away, and lashing out. What we don't want him to do is stop committing professional fouls when needed. If an opponent is going to create a goal scoring opportunity, a yellow is generally worth it.
      Mattress shopping
    • #35
      Naming Rights
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      WSU
      Posts
      3,055


      0 Not allowed!
      Anyone got a comparison of Dunk's bookings at the Amex and away matches?

      I'd have him down as more likely to get booked in big games and away from home. In the run-in I could envisage bookings against Newcastle, Leeds, Norwich and at away games where it gets a bit feisty. In theory it's hard to imagine him getting booked in the home games against weaker opposition.
      Oh, so you've highlighted.
      Hello, how are you.
    • #36
      Members AZ Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Phoenix, Az
      Posts
      4,943


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Apologies soccerbase had the incorrect information then. They've changed Baldocks but it still shows him with 5 yellows ( forest, Newcastle, Sheffield wed, Ipswich and Barnsley) I know the yellow against Newcastle doesn't count towards the total of yellow cards as he was sent off but there is still something wrong if you say he is only on 3 yellows.

      I think there is some confusion over wether Sam got booked in the home game against Ipswich or not, it's mentioned in the live text commentary on BBC website but isn't shown against him on the team line ups, I'm sure the big screen showed him getting a yellow after the incident with an Ipswich player towards the end of the first half. Sky Sports website shows Baldock getting booked in the 31st min both on text commentary and the team line up.
      You are correct to think that the confusion comes from the Ipswich game. Many observers had the 31st minute booking for Baldock when it was actually for Luke Chambers.

      To avoid making mistakes in future, I would highly recommend bookmarking the FA's disciplinary pages. This is the link for Brighton players - Club Discipline - Brighton & Hove Albion

      For first team matches the info is usually updated the next working day, so it should show Saturday's cautions by close of play tomorrow (Monday). Cautions for non-first team matches can take a little longer to be updated.

      Ultimately, this is the only source of info that matters, and other sources will often report misleading or inaccurate information (as you are now aware). For instance, in Albion's first home league match of the season it was widely reported that Forest's Henri Lansbury had received a late caution; the referee certainly intended to book him, but he searched in vain for his yellow card which had fallen out of his pocket moments earlier. Ridiculously, that saved Lansbury from a booking. It was also widely reported that Richie Towell had been cautioned for his goal celebration against Lincoln City in the FA Cup, but the FA website shows that this was another phantom caution.

      Just one note: cards that were shown in this season's Checkatrade Trophy are showing under first team bookings (which explains LuaLua's red and the yellows for James Tilley and Connor Goldson). It is now immaterial, but these cautions would not count with respect to bookings totals as the Checkatrade Trophy had its own standalone disciplinary process this season (and so many congratulations are due to Kazenga LuaLua who still managed to get himself suspended from 4 league/FA Cup matches due to a red card he received in the competition - an extraordinary and possibly unique achievement).
      Brighton and Hove Albion Squad Contract Durations 2016-17

      Albion U-18s: A Review of the 2016-17 Season

      Albion U-23s: Review of the Season - 2016-17

      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think, but I may be wrong, that it is the cleverest quip I've ever seen on NSC.
    • #37
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      752


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Both on 4 bookings aren't they?
      they do get involved , dont they ?, tut-tut !
      shall we fire them ??
    • #38

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Nitpicking. So apart from that, the post was ok ?
      In keeping with the posts at beginning of the thread, I think the comma should of been a 'and'
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2015
      Posts
      1,889


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kentgully View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I would be the first to admit, that i didn't rate either of em............... how wrong was i.
      Certainly as far as Baldock was concerned, there was a considerable group on here who wrote him off early doors...... it irritated me intensely.... but we'll done for posting a retraction.... you are duly forgiven.

      Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    • #40
      Muslamic Infidel
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      4,496


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It was also widely reported that Richie Towell had been cautioned for his goal celebration against Lincoln City in the FA Cup, but the FA website shows that this was another phantom caution.
      I know there was some confusion surrounding that card. It was corrected just after half time by the commentary team who said Towell hadn't been shown a yellow having earlier announcing he'd been booked for his goal celebration. Most match reports still show the yellow.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •