Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, so he could get deliberately sent off so as to miss 2 games instead of 3.
    If you get two yellows in a match I think neither count towards the total, hence dunk was on 10 before his double yellow and picked up one against ipswich, so now he's on 11.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      2,764


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you get two yellows in a match I think neither count towards the total, hence dunk was on 10 before his double yellow and picked up one against ipswich, so now he's on 11.
      He means during the game where Dunk receives his 15th yellow card, he could potentially get himself sent off via second yellow and thus only get a 1/2? match ban, instead of 3.

      When he returns he would be on 14 yellows again. Personally don't think we will try and plan anything like that, it happens when it happens, hopefully not at all.
    • #23
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      57,858


      0 Not allowed!
      Lets just hope that by the time anybody accumulates enough booking to warrant a ban we are virtually certain of promotion or perhaps even promoted and just playing the season out.
    • #24
      Muslamic Infidel
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Posts
      4,171


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It is most unfortunate when a poster "corrects" a previous poster with false information, but you have somehow managed to embed THREE factual inaccuracies into a 12 word post.

      Stephens' booking against Reading yesterday was his fifth of the season; Baldock (who was not booked against Reading yesterday) has been booked three times this season.
      Apologies soccerbase had the incorrect information then. They've changed Baldocks but it still shows him with 5 yellows ( forest, Newcastle, Sheffield wed, Ipswich and Barnsley) I know the yellow against Newcastle doesn't count towards the total of yellow cards as he was sent off but there is still something wrong if you say he is only on 3 yellows.

      I think there is some confusion over wether Sam got booked in the home game against Ipswich or not, it's mentioned in the live text commentary on BBC website but isn't shown against him on the team line ups, I'm sure the big screen showed him getting a yellow after the incident with an Ipswich player towards the end of the first half. Sky Sports website shows Baldock getting booked in the 31st min both on text commentary and the team line up.

      They have Stephens on 6 but I forgot to account for his second yellow against Ipswich away reducing the total to 5.
      Last edited by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo; 26-02-2017 at 23:12.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo
    • #25
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      29,457


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GingerBeerMan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you get two yellows in a match I think neither count towards the total, hence dunk was on 10 before his double yellow and picked up one against ipswich, so now he's on 11.
      That's my point - see below:
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He means during the game where Dunk receives his 15th yellow card, he could potentially get himself sent off via second yellow and thus only get a 1/2? match ban, instead of 3.
      Exactly.

      Personally don't think we will try and plan anything like that
      I don't see why not. If we're at home to Wigan and he gets his 15th yellow in the first half, he will miss the rest of the season. It would make sense for him to get another yellow at the end of the same so that he could play against Villa.
      There's been an eruption
    • #26
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      17,260


      1 Not allowed!
      Admittedly Dunk is a worry, but he's only on 11 (would need 4 yellows in 13 games) and has only had one yellow (which shouldn't have even been a yellow!) against Ipswich in 8 games - he's clearly making an effort not to get them - if he continues on this 'form' he won't get near the 15.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #27
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      29,457


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Admittedly Dunk is a worry, but he's only on 11 (would need 4 yellows in 13 games) and has only had one yellow (which shouldn't have even been a yellow!) against Ipswich in 8 games - he's clearly making an effort not to get them
      He's had 3 in the last 8 games.

      He's roughly 1 every 3 games, so in 9 games he'd be on 14 and having to hope for no more.
      There's been an eruption
    • #28
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      17,260


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He's had 3 in the last 8 games.

      He's roughly 1 every 3 games, so in 9 games he'd be on 14 and having to hope for no more.
      Edit - you're counting the sending off - I'm not.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #29
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      29,457


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What games were they then?

      (I can assure you you're wrong and I'm right by the way 1 in 8 and a notebly cleaned up act.
      sheebo, surely you know me better than to think I'd be wrong?
      There's been an eruption
    • #30
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      17,260


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      sheebo, surely you know me better than to think I'd be wrong?
      You're indeed correct, although you get what I meant!

      Personally think restricting himself to 2 / 3 at the max would be ok in 13 games but it's down to him.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •