Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were offered a draw now vs Newcastle would you take it?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
if it was possible to take 2 points and them 1 then I would take that now. but 1 point each nope. lets play the game. mo reason why we cannot beat them

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's a must win game. It's our big chance to go 4 points clear with 12 games to play.

We're at home, Newcastle are without their top goal scorer and they've just drawn to Bristol city. Whereas, we've just beaten Reading 3-0, at Home and the squad is pretty much all at full fitness. Plus, we're top of the league.

This is a massive chance

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
No thanks. Please push on for the win, so that we can go to within a win on Newcastle if we beat them on Saturday, with a game in hand... The Geordies might just melt with the pressure...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think so, yes. As good as we were on Saturday, I always go into every game expecting something to go wrong, but that's just the pessimist in me and not based on the team form!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I would not take the draw now. I wouldn't mind taking it at around 9.40 on tuesday night though.

Newcastle picked a poor time to drop two points at home, this is an opportunity for us to really apply the pressure especially with Forest and Rotherham to follow in quick succession. Ther comes a point when you just have to trust in the team to come out and deliver and right now I see a team that has regained its confidence and is relishing the challenge.

Will be a tough game, Newcastle usually bounce back after a poor result but they will have to bring their A game to the Amex to win.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No.

Playing the match we have approximately 70% probability of at least 1 point and 40% probability of grabbing all 3 points and a historic victory.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that this game is very unlikely to be a draw.

Newcastle are very draw averse (only 4 in 33 this year) and I don't really think the point particularly helps anyone except Huddersfield.

It's actually one where I really wouldn't be unhappy losing a point going for three. If we win, it's starting to look nailed on.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
After Saturday's results the pressure is all on them. A point is no disaster for us so that should actually play into our hands to go for the win. There's no way CH or the players will be going out to get a point so it's irrelevant really anyway.

Play like we did v Tinpot and we will smash them. Their defence was all over the shop v Bristol City (not just the two goals) and they had to rely on two huge slices of luck (and a team who concede LOADS) to get a point. And remember, if we take the lead we ALWAYS win.

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hell no, unless we're 3-0 down..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here