Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were offered a draw now vs Newcastle would you take it?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
No. Before yesterday would have said yes but now the pressure seems to have lifted significantly- feel confident we can take all 3 points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Defeatist attitude taking a draw as in my book it's all about winning....draws are not particularly good at this stage of the season.
Poyet would take a draw in any big game....thankfully we have Hughton :)
Yes but we would deprive Newcastle of 2 points don't forget that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
A draw is a decent result - but only if we beat Forest when Huddersfield play Newcastle.

On balance, I'd bank the draw now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'd take a draw if they beat Huddersfield Town and we beat Nottingham Forest. Better than that, I'll take a win for us with those two.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
No !
A draw merely maintains our posiiton vis a vis NUFC but on the other hand potentially benefits the chasing pack by two points.
Need to go for the win !

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I'd take a draw if they beat Huddersfield Town and we beat Nottingham Forest. Better than that, I'll take a win for us with those two.

Beat me to it. A draw would be okay if this follows. One thing I will say is I am much more relaxed about it following yesterday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've long said we'd win these two big games and feeling more confident than ever now.

Another 3-0 please, as it will bring us on level terms with Newcastle in terms of goal difference.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I think anything apart from a Newcastle win is good enough for us but not for Newcastle. Logic would therefore say take the draw but I would gamble for the win and I really want to see if we're good enough to match them.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
No. Virtually every manager has said we are the best team in the Championship, even at our respective best's there is nothing that Newcastle have got that we haven't, let's go and smash them!

Also we are unbeaten at the Amex in two cup games against them!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Absolutely not, why would you, we need as many points on the board as quickly as we can. settling for a point now is almost admitting they are better than us and their not. We thoroughly deserve to be top, and we got here by NOT settling for a point in any of our previous games.

Put them to the sword demoralise them and in doing so we will also demoralise Huddersfield at the same time.

Jan 22, 2017
I think anything apart from a Newcastle win is good enough for us but not for Newcastle. Logic would therefore say take the draw but I would gamble for the win and I really want to see if we're good enough to match them.

A draw would be a good result for us considering your home form IF we get 4 points minimum from the following two. 9 points is never going to happen but 7 would be an immense return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here