Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you were offered a draw now vs Newcastle would you take it?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No way. If we can replicate how we played yesterday we'll win.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
We are coming back to form at the right time just as there's is taking a slight dip without Gayle they are a bit slow upfront I think they are there for the taking there defence seems more than capable of giving up chances too 3-1

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we were to lose, yesterday's results will really soften the blow. I won't be disappointed with a draw now - although that depends how the game goes - like if they get a dodgy decision in their favour like the FA seem to have instructed I'll be annoyed...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are coming back to form at the right time just as there's is taking a slight dip without Gayle they are a bit slow upfront I think they are there for the taking there defence seems more than capable of giving up chances too 3-1
What's the chances that Gayle's 'unavailability' is just a ruse? Wouldn't take the draw anyway - it's a match we CAN win - though wouldn't care to predict we definitely WILL!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Nah

We should believe in our own ability here, we're more than good enough to win the game.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
As Huddersfield drew yesterday I'm not sure I would take it now. I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw but a win would put us in an unbelievably strong position with Newcastle playing Huddersfield on Saturday. For once I would gamble for the win.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If we put out the same starting line up again its probably the best time to play them all season. Let's put down the biggest marker possible. Let's hope all the travel options work well and the ground is packed and bouncing for ko.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No chance. Without Gayle I'd say we're slight favourites.

And as others have said, they have a bit of a false impression of us after the match at SJP when we were dreadful.
Sadly he's back in training per a local journalist or something, was on twitter.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The odds suggest we average 1.4 points in this fixture, so it's a no from me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sadly he's back in training per a local journalist or something, was on twitter.
That doesn't mean he's ok to play, even if it is true. He came off early on Monday, he'll be worried about giving it everything a week later.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, if we were playing away against a side that have played the other 9 in the top 10 at home, won 8, drawn 1, lost none, scored 19, conceded 4, then I would take a draw, but it is Newcastle that face that prospect.

Edit, we have played the other 8, won 7, drew 1.

Last edited:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What's the chances that Gayle's 'unavailability' is just a ruse? Wouldn't take the draw anyway - it's a match we CAN win - though wouldn't care to predict we definitely WILL!

Read online last night that Rafa has said he is fit to travel if he feels up to it. Sounds like Gayle isn't yet confident that he is 100% over it. Hamstrings are funny things when it comes to confidence

D

Deleted member 2719

No.

3 points and Shelvey getting a straight red card in the 5th minute.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Read online last night that Rafa has said he is fit to travel if he feels up to it. Sounds like Gayle isn't yet confident that he is 100% over it. Hamstrings are funny things when it comes to confidence

It doesn't hurt to keep Hughton guessing at who will be up front for the Magpies, and I suspect that is the main reason for saying he may travel.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Blimey, is that true? Incredible stat.

The 5-0 roasting of Norwich distorts the stat a bit, but yes, it is true-ish we played the other 8, won 7 drew 1, we have not yet played ourselves. Edited

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Possibly the best post I've ever read on here :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here