Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice Gesture By David Stockdale at The End Of The Game

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies if it's already been mentioned elsewhere...

At the end of the game, DS came over to the North, got his photo taken with the little lad in the Stockdale shirt, and presented him with his gloves.

Proper gent. :clap2:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
4d6d5c4ef0f192ee05e4818dc8e93889.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

At the end of the game, DS came over to the North, got his photo taken with the little lad in the Stockdale shirt, and presented him with his gloves.

Gent? He spent most of the game spitting on the gloves and couldn't wait to get rid of them.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I also LOVED the bit on the highlights when they showed AK celebrating in front of the fans and there were a couple of really little kids all wrapped up in Albion hats and scarves, jumping up and down going bonkers. I love this club.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Bruno walked to the SW corner and then walked around applauding the stands.
The promotion party, IF it happens, could be huge and go on all night.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bruno walked to the SW corner and then walked around applauding the stands.
The promotion party, IF it happens, could be huge and go on all night.

Doubt it, everyone will have left on 80mins

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

That little lad was standing with his Dad near the middle kiosk after the game. I admired the gloves and he gave me a high five with them. He was bursting with pride and will remember that for the rest of his life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That little lad was standing with his Dad near the middle kiosk after the game. I admired the gloves and he gave me a high five with them. He was bursting with pride and will remember that for the rest of his life.

Seems like only yesterday that the exact opposite happened and FDM came over to Withdean South Stand and you presented him with a memento that he'll hopefully remember for the rest of his life :wink:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stockers was wandering back towards the tunnel, most fans had left or were just filing out, when a fan came out of the north-west and went (just) on the pitch to congratulate him. It was all very low key, but I noticed a steward tracked him and promptly nicked him, aided by another steward. Given what happened at Lincoln, that could be a very costly error by the fan.

Anyone know who it was and what the outcome was?

PG

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Stockdale is an immense lump of heroic goalkeeping awesomeness.

He's been on the end of some whinging nonsense from some fans but personally I think he embodies what I love about sport, particularly football and also what is great about this team.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
My son (who is 13 years old) and plays in goal posted a short letter last year to the club for Stockdale asking him for advice on goal kicks . Got a fantastic hand written reply giving good tips and advice but also advice to make sure he enjoyed his football and to work hard at his football and as importantly his school work. A really nice gesture and one my son will never forget. Stocko is a top GK and bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockers was wandering back towards the tunnel, most fans had left or were just filing out, when a fan came out of the north-west and went (just) on the pitch to congratulate him. It was all very low key, but I noticed a steward tracked him and promptly nicked him, aided by another steward. Given what happened at Lincoln, that could be a very costly error by the fan.

Anyone know who it was and what the outcome was?

PG

Er, some of it. What I assume was the lad's dad was going mental in the North concourse (NW corner) after the game had finished, basically fighting with stewards (only guessing but maybe annoyed his lad was being ejected). Appeared to have lost it completely - he was trying to throw punches etc. Steward eventually ended up pinning him to the floor before the police came and it all calmed down. The lad meanwhile was watching all this, bawling his eyes out and being comforted by someone else.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
My son (who is 13 years old) and plays in goal posted a short letter last year to the club for Stockdale asking him for advice on goal kicks . Got a fantastic hand written reply giving good tips and advice but also advice to make sure he enjoyed his football and to work hard at his football and as importantly his school work. A really nice gesture and one my son will never forget. Stocko is a top GK and bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear David,

How do you get your goal kicks to go so far and land so accurately?

Please can you give me some tips? Mine keep going out of play.

Signed

Ali Al-Habsi, age 35

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here