Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno's Collapse

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Some of his play is Premier League class anyway. Will still do a job WHEN we go up!:thumbsup:

Read a few comments on the Reading forum and one contributors described Bruno's pass for the first goal a "hoof" (idiot) Bruno never hoofs, in fact when I have seen him attempt a hoof he normally miss hits it. Bruno is flair and one of most consistent players for us, he has to be given another year. Class act.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Seen by the corner flag.

IMG_0161.JPG

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Other teams are not my problem just dont want our players doing it. Are we no better than the Bartons/Zaha of this world?

Oh do get a grip.

Yes it was theatrical but he was caught by a high foot. Barton is an animal who punches and stamps off the ball and Zaha dives when not even touched so they are completely different.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Read a few comments on the Reading forum and one contributors described Bruno's pass for the first goal a "hoof" (idiot) Bruno never hoofs, in fact when I have seen him attempt a hoof he normally miss hits it. Bruno is flair and one of most consistent players for us, he has to be given another year. Class act.
:lolol:

A hoof? Bloody hell, how clueless can they be.

Superb performance from Bruno yesterday, can definitely still "do a job" next season whatever division we're in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anybody else think that something very serious indeed had happened when Bruno collapsed after being kicked in the chest in the second half? He went down like he's been shot/a sack of spuds, etc. And then got straight back up.

I pissed myself laughing the way he fell. It was like watching a 1950s cowboy film where they get shot standing on the roof of the saloon and slow motion fall into a trough of water below

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Harsh. BG is entitled to his opinion even when he's wrong.

If I had been kicked in the chest by a football boot, I'd have crumpled in a heap, and not got up. The way he fell was theatrical, but it was a serious foul.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

He even hoofs the ball with flair.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For a 36 and half year old to perform at the level he does is phenominal

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Other teams are not my problem just dont want our players doing it. Are we no better than the Bartons/Zaha of this world?

Even if it turned out to be the difference between promotion (to the PL or any other league) or a relegation (from the PL or any other league) at the end of a season?

Why handicap yourself and add an advantage to the opposition by refusing to highlight a foul which should still have the same outcome as if they didn't highlight it, but makes sure the officials spot it?

It's part of the game, not that i particularly like it happening and hope it can be removed from the game, but all the time it happens in games in every division, across the country and abroad, why should we be the exception and penalise yourself?

If Gamirez hadn't cheated in the last league game last season to get Stephens sent off, who knows what may have happened and we may have gone up (either automatically or through the play-offs) but that cheating gave them an edge and they took advantage. If it was the other way around (their player sent of and we won the match) meaning we benefited from it instead and prospered, would you boycott or be unhappy about having been promoted because of it?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If Gamirez hadn't cheated in the last league game last season to get Stephens sent off, who knows what may have happened and we may have gone up (either automatically or through the play-offs) but that cheating gave them an edge and they took advantage. If it was the other way around (their player sent of and we won the match) meaning we benefited from it instead and prospered, would you boycott or be unhappy about having been promoted because of it?

Although Beerans (not booked at all) didn't actually injure Bruno, what other difference was there between Stephens 'tackle' on Gamirez (red card)? None. I'm sure there's a thread on inconsistent referring elsewhere....

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I thought it was embarrassing and pathetic and should have got a yellow himself for trying to get somebody booked. A grown man falling over like that.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Although Beerans (not booked at all) didn't actually injure Bruno, what other difference was there between Stephens 'tackle' on Gamirez (red card)? None. I'm sure there's a thread on inconsistent referring elsewhere....

The player (Gamirez) highlighted the incident by the way he reacted to his being late to the ball and kicking Stephens's boot, leading to a free kick (and red card). Bruno fell over highlighting the incident to the officials so that a free kick was awarded. If both had just carried on, there would have been a chance that the officials would have just let the game carry on in both cases as they may have missed the incident (and a lot of refs look to the aftermath to decide if something happened and who did what as judging in real time can be very difficult, be it for a free kick, corner or throw in, etc)

It shows how hard it is to judge whats happened and exaggeration or trying to fool the officials (like going to get the ball for a corner / throw in when you know it came off you last) doesn't help the officials to correctly run the game and why video refereeing and retrospective bans may be the only way to remove that sort of incident from the game

The rules were there to protect the skillful players from injury, but have been taken too far the other way and are being used to gain an advantage (mainly because there is so much financially at stake not to try to gain any slight edge you can)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here