Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle : next 9 fixtures.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We will be a different prospect too, we made a poor start to the season and went into that with 6 points from 4 games. We also have a very good away record and even when we don't impress performance wise we grind the results out - the Wolves game being prime example. Think it'll be a weird game where you'll be on the front foot and we will try and nick a goal on the break. If you score first it'll be game over.

Yes six points from four games..but you'd won the previous two....depends how you want to spin it isn't it

Jan 22, 2017
Yes six points from four games..but you'd won the previous two....depends how you want to spin it isn't it

Fair point but we had also got fortunate to beat Reading 4-1 and Bristol City 0-1. Either way it's two different sides now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it's physically impossible for the Championship table to meaningfully change between getting in last night and Tuesday night, why have I looked at it about 50 times?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We will be a different prospect too, we made a poor start to the season and went into that with 6 points from 4 games. We also have a very good away record and even when we don't impress performance wise we grind the results out - the Wolves game being prime example. Think it'll be a weird game where you'll be on the front foot and we will try and nick a goal on the break. If you score first it'll be game over.

Hughton has given every player a run out this season and it is only now that we are settling on our best starting 11. We may have to make a change a left back which is my only concern because he will have to contain Richie. Apart from that we have 4 very good strikers available and are looking in good shape for the run in. A win on Tuesday will be like catching a gust of wind in our sail. It's a juicy fixture without a doubt.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will be a different prospect too, we made a poor start to the season and went into that with 6 points from 4 games. We also have a very good away record .

With all due respect, you've only played 5 of the top 10 away, so that stat is a bit skewed, and may look more realistic after the next 3 games...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hughton has given every player a run out this season and it is only now that we are settling on our best starting 11. We may have to make a change a left back which is my only concern because he will have to contain Richie. Apart from that we have 3 very good strikers available and are looking in good shape for the run in. A win on Tuesday will be like catching a gust of wind in our sail. It's a juicy fixture without a doubt.

Corrected.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hughton has given every player a run out this season and it is only now that we are settling on our best starting 11. We may have to make a change a left back which is my only concern because he will have to contain Richie. Apart from that we have 4 very good strikers available and are looking in good shape for the run in. A win on Tuesday will be like catching a gust of wind in our sail. It's a juicy fixture without a doubt.
They'll be plenty of rotation, after the Newcastle game.

It wouldn't surprise me if March was 'being saved' for Newcastle, which it turn have gone brilliantly wrong for the fella!

I can see most of the front 6 seeing the bench either side of the Leeds game.
Not to say any team/result will be taken for granted, but just as a way of keeping the squad fresh and ready to cover injuries.

One of the big take aways from this season, esp for those desperate to boo, should be the length of time needed for a squad player to get properly up to speed when starting a game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thank god most of our remaining games are v teams outside the top 7, eh?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh how simple was life, how happy we all were, back in the good old days at the end of February when some eejit started this thread about how far ahead of the opposition we could be in a couple of weeks or so.....................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here