Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell v Reading

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Clearly premeditated. Were they both on Kermogant? I hope so.

I'm not entirely sure how he managed to get away with them.
Both seemed to be in clear view.
Jedi mind trick perhaps?

"This is not the elbow on a total C**T that you are looking for....."

Lush

Mods' Pet
Irrespective of any payback for previous element, any Reading midfielder with a bit of self-respect should have aimed to kick our Ginger Prince 2.1 about ten foot up in the air and bugger the consequences. Especially at a couple of goals down. Daresay Shelvey will have far more balls and far less restraint on Tuesday. Double red anyone?

How very old school. The latest thing is to go down clutching your head at any given opportunity to try and stop play.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Irrespective of any payback for previous element, any Reading midfielder with a bit of self-respect should have aimed to kick our Ginger Prince 2.1 about ten foot up in the air and bugger the consequences. Especially at a couple of goals down. Daresay Shelvey will have far more balls and far less restraint on Tuesday. Double red anyone?

Looking forward to it.
I reckon in addition to being tougher than Shelvey (JS is a 'tough guy' in the cowardly, Barton mould), Steve is demonstrably more intelligent with his niggling. I can see a red for Shelvey, certainly. With Steve ten yards away, whistling & polishing his halo...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Jedi mind trick perhaps?

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories but I'd say that first one was 100% retribution for what Kermicunt did to Liam. Top work Sidders :clap2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shelvey
Stephens
Sidwell

All trying to control central midfield in a HUGE and INTENSE evening match. I'll be shocked if it finishes 11 v 11.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

Jedi mind trick perhaps?

Perhaps he will get the 'Jedi' in the final game of the season which will be much justified !

The full bearded one that is !

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not much being said about Sidwell being lucky not to get 2 yellows. That would have been a pain.

We were sure he got a yellow in the first half for a VERY tasty challenge....got confused when we saw him shown a yellow later on, but not a red.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not much being said about Sidwell being lucky not to get 2 yellows. That would have been a pain.

When did he get booked and when did he come close to a second booking?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He got booked for hitting Kermogant. He made a few other dodgy tackles, like tripping Grabban on the edge of the box, couple of others too.

Didn't realise he got booked for the Kermicunt clash. I didn't see anything worthy of a second yellow tho. Dale did well to control himself on a couple of occasions after his early booking.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Didn't realise he got booked for the Kermicunt clash. I didn't see anything worthy of a second yellow tho. Dale did well to control himself on a couple of occasions after his early booking.

There was a challenge early-ish in the first half that was VERY tasty/nawty, that I think he got away with due to how early it was...unless I got mistaken identity? One of those where you'd want a yellow if it was the other way round.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There was a challenge early-ish in the first half that was VERY tasty/nawty, that I think he got away with due to how early it was...unless I got mistaken identity? One of those where you'd want a yellow if it was the other way round.

Can't remember it thought Stephebs did 2 naughty ones early on. You'd like to think if Sidwell had got a yellow he wouldn't have done the head shot though :lol:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

Referee delayed the card for the original offence. Same as Stephens. Good to see the game being allowed to flow. I thought Sidwell might see red for the challenge on Grabban. A little fortunate there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Shelvey
Stephens
Sidwell

All trying to control central midfield in a HUGE and INTENSE evening match. I'll be shocked if it finishes 11 v 11.

One thing is for sure. We can't afford to lose players to a red card(s) at this stage of the season. We need everyone available for the final push.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here