Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where were you when you were sh*t

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm 12-13000 when rock bottom of the football league hmmmmm stranded in Brighton when we were ****ing forced to play in Kent... locked out due to lack of capacity at Withdean...

I mean the mind ****ing boggles.

Where were we?!? hurting, waiting and breeding. Live with it Reading, you are utterly 4th division.

Remember: the team, club and support in front is Brighton.

Now where in ****ery is my Ritchie Blackmore hat?

You're going to be eating that hat shortly Kosh, don' t forget to film it, with some rock music in the background of course :lolol:

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Remember Brighton owning Elm Park. It was empty in those days. Obviously they weren't there when they were sh. It is pot (tin) calling kettle black.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
You're going to be eating that hat shortly Kosh, don' t forget to film it, with some rock music in the background of course :lolol:

Yep old boy... but at least I avoided saying anything about doing it in my underpants.

Not quite Lineker, more Paul Linger i'm afraid.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Hardly heard them all game. Very poor considering there were 2,000 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

albionite

May 20, 2009
I remember Barnet singing that to us a few years ago on Boxing Day when we took 4-5k to their place. Always makes me laugh when they think we have no fans.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't buy this "when we were shit" business. We're playing in the Championship - that's all. We're not in the Premier League, just knocking on the door in the second tier yet every season we've been in this league at the Amex our attendances have been phenomenal - the renewal rates for STs is exceptionally high. And this is great news IF we go up because match tickets will be in huge demand but there's so few of them that we won't get many day-trippers and glory-hunters. Our stadium will be full of proper fans who have been very loyal as they do now even though we've won nothing yet.

Where were you when you were shit? Look around the ground and pretty much all of us have been here for years.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The strangest chant was our

'It's all gone quiet over there' at 3-0

They didn't make any noise all game!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The strangest chant was our

'It's all gone quiet over there' at 3-0

They didn't make any noise all game!!

I thought it amusing when just about the only chant I heard from them was "Shall we sing a song for you" and then they didn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be fair, it's not as if their players gave them anything to sing about.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I doubt very much that the fans of many clubs would have put up with the Withdean experience for the number of years we did. I knew we were a well supported club because our away numbers in percentage of home game attendance while there were huge. It did not make sense if the that was all the fans, no team in the lower leagues that get that gate, regularly take 30% of it to
away games.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Barring their club anthem, does Reading fans have chants? They're dead quiet, I would say the Arsenal of the championship but they'd take that as a compliment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Barring their club anthem, does Reading fans have chants? They're dead quiet, I would say the Arsenal of the championship but they'd take that as a compliment.
Ironically, arsenal create a great atmosphere away from home, that's where the similarity with reading ends.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
The Reading fans were dreadful, truly dreadful. Considering the number of them they hardly made a sound, and then about 75% of them left when the 3rd goal went in. Away fans are usually the most passionate and loyal and cheer their team no matter what. God knows what made that lot want to go to an away game. Still, we'll get some proper away fans on Tuesday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here