Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City boycott?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed but very cleverly, it could never happen because aside from the fact that it's clear that he's one of the most highly regarded and respected managers in the game, he's built a team where the sum is greater than the individual parts and in no small way by having players that haven't got massive egos. This team spirit is so bloody strong because Hughton built it. Just have a look at how the team responded to losing out last season - Hughton was the one who made that happen.
Definitely...

Although I'm sure the Leicester fans were saying much the same 10 months ago.

FWIW Barry Glendenning has had a fun 24 hours on Twitter:-

[tweet]835195319365287942[/tweet]

Last edited:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Agreed but very cleverly, it could never happen because aside from the fact that it's clear that he's one of the most highly regarded and respected managers in the game, he's built a team where the sum is greater than the individual parts and in no small way by having players that haven't got massive egos. This team spirit is so bloody strong because Hughton built it. Just have a look at how the team responded to losing out last season - Hughton was the one who made that happen.
Most of that could have been said about Claudio Ranieri and Leicester last season. Unfortunately, at least some of players, having won the PL, thought that they had done it because they were previously under-valued footballing geniuses and this season seem to have started believing the bullshit and been badly found out.

Drinkwater for England anyone?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Most of that could have been said about Claudio Ranieri and Leicester last season. Unfortunately, at least some of players, having won the PL, thought that they had done it because they were previously under-valued footballing geniuses and this season seem to have started believing the bullshit and been badly found out.

Drinkwater for England anyone?

I think this is spot on.... they have forgotten where they came from AND I suspect there are a few new players on bigger wages which have upset a few others. It is such a shame as last year was a breath of fresh air to the premiership.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't know exactly what has gone on behind the scenes but nobody seems to mention the big hole left by selling Kante. Massive loss to Leicester.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm the first to admit that he hasn't made his managerial career easy for himself with his big ego, and histrionics, but basically I still believe him to be the inspirational manager, he once showed himself to be at the Albion.

One day I'd like him to see him stop wasting his talent in China, and return to the Football League to manage. He is well capable of it.

Agree. Would be more than happy if Wagner goes to Leicester and Huddersfield appoint Poyet!!!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ranieri stikes me as being a really nice guy all the time, whist Poyet strikes me as being a nice guy when it suits him.
Nice guys get turned over, but he won't change and I suspect he will be back just as nice and just as successful.
Though if I were him I would count my lolly and have a nice retirement.
Will also have a very entertaining, million seller autobiography in him as well I expect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here