Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City boycott?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Surely, the only course of action LC fans need to take is to threaten to cancel their season
tickets and the scum management would soon have to sit up and take notice.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Their 1 point clear of the bottom 3.

The last thing they need is fans boycotting.

I disagree with the sacking, however a very good friend of mine is a Leicester City STH and he gave an interesting view on it all. Ranieri worked miracles last season, but everything coming out in the last 24 hours suggests senior players weren't supporting him (and that appears to have been evident on the pitch too). The owners can't (logically) sack the entire first team and expect to survive, so the alternative is to sack the manager.

He also pointed out that this was Ranieri's chance, with all the money spent (this season), and the limelight, media attention, title etc. to really solidify LCFC as a top half Premier League team. He's not done that, and looks like he's blown £80m+ up the wall on bang average players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes, fans threatening to cancel season tickets has always worked in the past to get managers reinstated.

Half of them probably secretly wanted him gone anyway.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Well, no not really. Leicester's yearly match day Income is in the £11M region. Their predicted share of TV money exceeds £110M (I stand to be corrected by [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]). If Dave from Melton luzzes his season ticket on the pitch in protest at their ex manager receiving a 7 figure pay off, I don't think their owners with a net worth in the billions will lose any sleep.

Their 1 point clear of the bottom 3.

The last thing they need is fans boycotting.

I disagree with the sacking, however a very good friend of mine is a Leicester City STH and he gave an interesting view on it all. Ranieri worked miracles last season, but everything coming out in the last 24 hours suggests senior players weren't supporting him (and that appears to have been evident on the pitch too).

That's exactly what Gus Poyet told a Seagulls Over London meeting about Ranieri when he was at Chelsea.

Why won't experienced, senior players support their manager? Or do we blame Ranieri? Poyet undoubtedly put the blame on Ranieri, not his Chelsea colleagues.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Well, no not really. Leicester's yearly match day Income is in the £11M region. Their predicted share of TV money exceeds £110M (I stand to be corrected by [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]). If Dave from Melton luzzes his season ticket on the pitch in protest at their ex manager receiving a 7 figure pay off, I don't think their owners with a net worth in the billions will lose any sleep.

Plus the approx £30 million they will have made in prize money for their CL run so far. The owners won't give a flying **** about a few fans not turning up.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poyet undoubtedly put the blame on Ranieri, not his Chelsea colleagues.

Poyet is just a thoroughly nasty piece of ego who is rapidly running out of career options. Next stop South America. Probably after being sacked through falling out with the chairman less than halfway through the Chinese season. Charlie Oatway's gonna need a bigger passport.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Poyet is just a thoroughly nasty piece of ego who is rapidly running out of career options. Next stop South America. Probably after being sacked through falling out with the chairman less than halfway through the Chinese season. Charlie Oatway's gonna need a bigger passport.

I bet his bank account isn't running out of zero's any time soon though.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That's exactly what Gus Poyet told a Seagulls Over London meeting about Ranieri when he was at Chelsea.

Why won't experienced, senior players support their manager? Or do we blame Ranieri? Poyet undoubtedly put the blame on Ranieri, not his Chelsea colleagues.

Exactly, something is (or has) clearly going on behind the scenes and the board felt they needed to act.

The owners at LCFC are probably the most sensible and down to earth foreign owners in the Premier League. They have said they expected a relegation battle last season (and this season I believe), but if the players have raised concerns over the management then their hand is forced.

If that was our players though i'd be thoroughly f*cking pissed off, and very embarrassed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Poyet undoubtedly put the blame on Ranieri, not his Chelsea colleagues.

Poyet blaming someone else? No...

Leicester fans are in a great position on this. No-one can say they wanted Ranieri sacked, so now they can say how awful it is whilst secretly being pleased that it's happened. Only the board look like bad guys here.

Personally, from a neutral view, I think it's rotten. The players have been appalling this season and although Ranieri shares the blame, as always, the lazy players get off free as a bird.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A self confessed soft touch maybe, who has let his players have too much scope, and too much say in team affairs.

To be honest as refreshing as it was to see them win the Premier League last year, they were always going to be a one season wonder, so to see them struggling like this, should come as no real surprise.

When times are bad, it is always invariably the manager, who takes the hit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It's £99m for finishing bottom of the PL and roughly £3m per place above that. In addition they get €12.7m for qualifying to the Champions League, €6.5m for the 4 wins & a draw in the group stage and €6m for making the last 16 from the fixed pool, plus roughly €17.5 million from the market pool.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I'm sad that you think that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's £99m for finishing bottom of the PL and roughly £3m per place above that. In addition they get €12.7m for qualifying to the Champions League, €6.5m for the 4 wins & a draw in the group stage and €6m for making the last 16 from the fixed pool, plus roughly €17.5 million from the market pool.
So basically the guy on the podcast arguing that relegation would be a total disaster for them was talking balls, financially speaking, as even if they do go down they will be by far the richest team in the Championship?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
great deal of sympathy for Ranieri... however, he has had 6 months to sort out the players. it was pretty clear from the start of the season many of them were sitting back, resting on their laurels. has already been given longer than most managers in similar performance because of last season.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
They needed a change and he had to go. Regardless of what he done last year, if now he's lost the dressing room (even if ultimately it's the players fault) he's got to go to give them any chance of staying up. Then in the summer ship the bad eggs out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here