Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to trace soemone through their g.mail account

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Clever stooges of NSC,

I have a friend who has been defrauded out of several thousand pounds through a bogus order for goods and a payment that she made to a Shipping company here in Blighty.

She is based in America and had an order for goods to be sent to Spain. the purchaser asked that she used the UK shipping Company that he normally deals with and which turns out is just a non Limited company at an address in Dartford

So she sent a payment to the logistics company to cover the shipping (UK Santander bank account). they in turn contacted her just before shipping to say that the buyer had contacted them to say that the order has been cancelled and that the shipping costs (that she had sent) should be 'returned' to them. This was despite the fact that they had not paid the shipping company but my friend

So if you are still awake - how do I find any details of the person / location of who sent the refund request.

their g.mail account is

wilsonmark0900@gmail.com

if its uk based then this would then become a police matter.

needs a bit of Jamie'ing me thinks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Clever stooges of NSC,

I have a friend who has been defrauded out of several thousand pounds through a bogus order for goods and a payment that she made to a Shipping company here in Blighty.

She is based in America and had an order for goods to be sent to Spain. the purchaser asked that she used the UK shipping Company that he normally deals with and which turns out is just a non Limited company at an address in Dartford

So she sent a payment to the logistics company to cover the shipping (UK Santander bank account). they in turn contacted her just before shipping to say that the buyer had contacted them to say that the order has been cancelled and that the shipping costs (that she had sent) should be 'returned' to them. This was despite the fact that they had not paid the shipping company but my friend

So if you are still awake - how do I find any details of the person / location of who sent the refund request.

their g.mail account is

wilsonmark0900@gmail.com

if its uk based then this would then become a police matter.

needs a bit of Jamie'ing me thinks

Could try one of the online companies....will cost a few quid but might turn up some clues......

http://www.spokeo.com/email-search?...5645eb46a233&gclid=CPDG0q-Xp9ICFRI8GwodfOAD8Q

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It used to be the case that gmail was the only e-mail provider that "hid" the IP address. Not sure if it is still the case; if it is, you are going to struggle. Certainly contact gmail and advise them that the email address is being used for fraud. They will close it down. Won't stop the scammer setting up a new e-mail address of course but will cause some inconvenience.

As the scam appears to be "cross-border" you will struggle, sadly, to get any LEA interested. It's just too much like hard work.

This is a scam I've not seen before (although it is a variation of an old scam) so if you have the time, it would be helpful if you could post details at www.scamwarners.com

"Scam Warners is dedicated to providing information and discussion for increasing awareness about Internet Fraud and supporting victims"

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
I'm no lawyer but if I read it correctly surely she has some comeback on the shipping company. She sent the shipping company money for a service which they did not then provide to her... the shipping company should refund her the money and it is their mistake for sending it to the seller. They must also have the sellers bank account details to have sent the money to them. I would think that they are the ones that should be chasing the seller.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?
SHE paid the shipping company. Presume if by BACS she has proof.
The original company she was dealing with then alegedly cancelled the order and asked for the shipping costs to be refunded to them.
I'm guessing that whatever she ordered must have been worth a few quid and she had looked into this company. Therefore should she not be going after them?
My guess is the shipping company and the selling company are the same. Is it this selling company whose email you are tracking.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
There is a purchaser (your friend).
There is a seller of goods (presumably the fraudster)
There is a shipping company (non-Limited, based in Dartford)
There is a Logistics company (I have no idea what their involvement is - are they the same as the shipping company?).
Correct so far?
So, the purchaser pays the logistics company for the shipping? The logistics company then informs the purchaser that the order has been cancelled by the purchaser?
The logistics company is now asking for the money - that was paid by the purchaser to the seller (?) - for the shipping costs, for the cancelled order?

Sorry about the detailed description above, but unless I understand it, I can't begin to offer any kind of solution.
Finally, you said 'This was despite the fact that they had not paid the shipping company but my friend' makes no sense to me at all. Who are 'they'?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Search for the email address on google/facebook/twittter/linkedin finds nothing so it's possible it was set up just to run the scam. You could try an "accidentally sent email" to see if you can get a response.Happy to advise via PM.
First thing to do is to ask a mod to remove the email address from the thread though, as it pops up in a google search.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here