Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ranieri Sacked

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I never said I thought they would either. Perhaps I should have done an ERNEST and put 'IF' in VERY BIG letters..................

I never said you did either . I was only expressing my opinion and I was even supporting your notion of being a YoYo club for a couple of years if that were to happen

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I never said you did either . I was only expressing my opinion and I was even supporting your notion of being a YoYo club for a couple of years if that were to happen

Fair enough - yes, I agree you did. I was too focussed on the 'constant struggling' bit.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
He should have kept the same squad together as last season and not sold probably their best play maker, if it ain't broke etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He should have kept the same squad together as last season and not sold probably their best play maker, if it ain't broke etc.

Kante was the only major departure. How much choice do you think Ranieri had when Chelsea came knocking and offered to triple his wages?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With what was at stake I would have tried to at least match the offer.

Sure, but thats probably not Ranieri's call. Its not like they needed the money. I'm 100% sure Ranieri would've loved to have kept Kante, but we all know what happens when a players head is turned.

None of us would've been blaming Hughton if Stephens had gone to Burnley last summer. Ultimately, its not the managers choice these days.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sure, but thats probably not Ranieri's call. Its not like they needed the money. I'm 100% sure Ranieri would've loved to have kept Kante, but we all know what happens when a players head is turned.

None of us would've been blaming Hughton if Stephens had gone to Burnley last summer. Ultimately, its not the managers choice these days.

At least he will get a bumper payoff, that should ease the pain and he will be back somewhere of that I have no doubt.
Would be ironic if Hudds manager gets the job and Ranieri takes his position !

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
This just proves what a horrible club Leicester are.....buying promotion in the early "naughties/2002ish) with money they had not got, going into administration, failing to repay their debts....then, after being bought out by rich Thais, allowed Sven Goran-Eriksson to splurge a ridiculous amount of money to finish 10th in the Championship then finally seeing the ODIOUS Pearson get them promoted...but only after flouting the FFP rules.

Fantastic achievement to win the PL title.....but people have short memories about what went on in the 10/15 years leading up to it.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Fewer than most clubs I would imagine, but not by much.

There aren't many things I envy about Burnley, but their faith in Dyche is something I hope we would emulate with Hughton.

Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.

Dyche was strongly rumoured to be in line for the Sunderland job after Burnley were relegated but at the last-minute, thankfully for Burnley, Advocaat changed his mind and came back for a second spell at Sunderland. I'm convinced Dyche would now be manager at comfortably mid-table Sunderland if Advocaat had not done a U-turn.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Dyche was strongly rumoured to be in line for the Sunderland job after Burnley were relegated but at the last-minute, thankfully for Burnley, Advocaat changed his mind and came back for a second spell at Sunderland. I'm convinced Dyche would now be manager at comfortably mid-table Sunderland if Advocaat had not done a U-turn.

So you reckon Dyche would leave you if a better deal comes in for him?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Sad reflection on football, the long term security that the Leicester board refer to appears to mean about 1 season.... Brighton are showing what you can do with a reasonably settled squad and the continuity that comes witha manager having multiple seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here