Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ranieri Sacked

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I dare say that Leicester firing Ranieri will turn out quite well for him.

I was over in Italy last summer and the Italian media were very much celebrating what he had achieved at Leicester and taking an interest in him and Leicester at the start of the new season.

His achievements at Leicester have boosted his profile everywhere, but none more so than in his homeland. The next time a big job comes up in Serie A, he is going to be a candidate. I'd imagine Vincenzo Montella who is on a bad run at AC Milan at the moment will be looking over his shoulder, for instance.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Are you replying to my comment or just rambling on about whatever?
Claudio? Leicester? Did you actually read the OP?

I'm taking the piss out of the fact that all you can talk about is your "history" , you never win anything,

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I'm taking the piss out of the fact that all you can talk about is your "history" , you never win anything,

So as I said, what has it got to do with Claudio or Leicester?
Do you understand English or is it your second language?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Surprised to see Pearson odds on to replace Ranieri
Thought he fell out with owners
Put a few quid on Mancini at 16/1

Keeps his payoff, gets re hired for more money and looks forward to getting another pay off in a couple of seasons.
Win win for him.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread somewhere but I wonder if this will enhance the chances of Ulloa getting some more game time. I know he went on strike but I got the impression he felt more let down by Ranieri rather than the club.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I don't suppose the owners of the club have budgeted for relegation.

Even when Leicester were struggling under Nigel Pearson, the owners there were making it clear they want Leicester to establish themselves as a top half of the Premier League side, along the lines of Southampton or Stoke, not to just make up the numbers.

That's all very well but there are 20 teams in the PL. Six are pretty much guaranteed top 10 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, Man U, Man C and Liverpool). Add in Everton as a 7th and that leaves three spots for 13 teams. Do you honestly think that fans of Southampton, Stoke, WBA etc wouldn't swap one of their glorious top 10 finishes for a Premier League title?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ulloa is back in the fray, being on the bench tonight.

Fancy a cheeky bet on him as last goalscorer at odds of c10-1. The gods of football scriptwriting tend to put strange stories together for nights like this, so fully expect Liverpool to take a 2-0 lead and Leicester to come back and nick a stoppage time winner, probably from the head of the big man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here