Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranieri Sacked

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some interesting reactions on this thread.

I'd be interested to know the feeling amongst the Albion faithful if were in Leicester's position. How many would have been calling for the manager's head at this point - 1%, 10%, 25%, 50% or more?
    10% - the other 90% would take another season in the championship to get back up. I hope anyway.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      Agree. Lost key backroom staff too. They would certainly go down if he stays. Look what happened to Di Matteo after winning champion's league.....surprised Ranieri has lasted this long....
      Di Matteo was never anything more than a caretaker manager though, that Chelsea team picked and ran itself. My dentist would've won the Champions League with them that season, and he's from Guildford.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      This is what happens when you get anywhere near Palace.

0 Not allowed!
      shocking, he won the prem @ 5,000/1 and is sacked 12 games before the end of the next season.

0 Not allowed!
      I bet Ulloa's having a little chuckle to himself, he said he would never play for Leicester again, I wonder if he still feels the same way now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Di Matteo was never anything more than a caretaker manager.
      In a roundabout way, This is kind of my point. Leicester is, give or take, the longest job CR has had since that beacon of managerial stability, Chelsea. I doubt anyone expected him to last more than 2 years least of all the man himself. He, like a lot of managers out there, is a short term solution.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      10% - the other 90% would take another season in the championship to get back up. I hope anyway.
      Wishful thinking, simply tuning in to the final whistle after a game you will get a good few negative bellends give their insightful 2cents after a couple of losses.

A couple blokes behind me still seem convinced everything that is wrong with the albion lies at the feet of Dale Stephens, and the fact he is allowed to take in air is an affront to them. Their previous pantomime villain was Sam Baldock though they are not devoid of making comments on him either. It was Dunk before that.

It would seriously not take long for the negativity to start, doubtless prefaced by "I know we can't expect too much from our first season, BUT..."
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Is it too early to put in a request that should the club achieve this season's target, the Albion stay loyal to Hughton regardless of position next season?

There's a lot to be said for continuity for clubs like us should the manager wish to stay.

If Chris takes us up, I think he deserves the job for the whole of next season at the very least.

Even if we went down, he'd probably take us up again.
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      In a roundabout way, This is kind of my point. Leicester is, give or take, the longest job CR has had since that beacon of managerial stability, Chelsea. I doubt anyone expected him to last more than 2 years least of all the man himself. He, like a lot of managers out there, is a short term solution.
      Its a fair point, and I admit I thought it was a batshit appointment when those Thai owners installed him after Pearson last year.

But given the utter miracle he worked with that club, to sack him 25 games later (and within sight of the last 8 of the Champions League) is, I think, quite astonishing. You're right, its indicative of the short-termism and outright panic that exists in the game these days. Owners are quite literally SHITTING themselves at the whiff of dropping out of that all-consuming gravy train. They're spraying it up the walls.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Di Matteo was never anything more than a caretaker manager though, that Chelsea team picked and ran itself. My dentist would've won the Champions League with them that season, and he's from Guildford.
      Maybe the same is true about Leicester last year.....team running itself . . . .