Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranieri Sacked

0 Not allowed!
    There's a very good heated debate on the pros and cons of sacking Ranieri, from a couple of weeks ago.
    As much as I don't agree with this decision Raphael Honigstein does make a strong case for the sacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ootball-weekly

They start on Leicester @ 34:30

Before that though there's a couple of choice palace snippets.
    Beginning at 24:45

One of them being:-

Since April 2014 Sunderland have only won 3 games in London.
    All against palace.

And for @hans kraay fan club, the mention of Prince Charming in the changing room pops up at 27:20.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
    Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Some interesting reactions on this thread.

I'd be interested to know the feeling amongst the Albion faithful if were in Leicester's position. How many would have been calling for the manager's head at this point - 1%, 10%, 25%, 50% or more?
      Fewer than most clubs I would imagine, but not by much.

There aren't many things I envy about Burnley, but their faith in Dyche is something I hope we would emulate with Hughton.

Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JCL666 View Post
      I think winning the Premier League with Leicester was an amazing achievement. They played exciting football too.

It's not coincidental that their downward trajectory is after Kante left.

He was integral to how they played, and Ranieri hasn't been able to replace him.
      Sorry, but team doesn't collapse to the arse-end of the division to this extent through the loss of ONE player, good though he was. Its not as simple as that.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Fewer than most clubs I would imagine, but not by much.

There aren't many things I envy about Burnley, but their faith in Dyche is something I hope we would emulate with Hughton.

Would be interesting to see what threshold of Burnley fans wanted him out.
      As their next 4 games are away from home, we may well find out.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

1 Not allowed!
      I'm not a fan of Leicester sacking Raneiri but some of the reaction is laughable.

Jose got sacked around this time last year - after winning the league the year before. A manager with every trophy in his cabinet got potted and the general reaction was 'So fecking what' Raneiri goes and it's like someone's shot a fluffy cat.

If Raneiri wasn't a likeable old goat who said 'Dilly ding' a lot no one would give a toss. When he got the Leicester job he'd done an utter shithouse job in Greece and everyone thought the Leicester board were stark raving bonkers. Whilst I'd rather have Bloom any day they might not be as bad as is being painted.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Sorry, but team doesn't collapse to the arse-end of the division to this extent through the loss of ONE player, good though he was. Its not as simple as that.
      You're right their current situation is not down to one player leaving there are multiple factors. I should have said their downward trajectory began after Kante left.

But Kante was very influential, I think this Telegraph article from November is pretty good. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...league-season/
      Because I'm bored, it's funny, and I hate you. There you are, the holy trinity of "why?"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Bizarre they waited till today esp after last nights performance, you'd think see through the CL and sack him earlier.

Really hope the club and their tin pot owners go down
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette #euref19

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      I'm not a fan of Leicester sacking Raneiri but some of the reaction is laughable.

Jose got sacked around this time last year - after winning the league the year before. A manager with every trophy in his cabinet got potted and the general reaction was 'So fecking what' Raneiri goes and it's like someone's shot a fluffy cat.

If Raneiri wasn't a likeable old goat who said 'Dilly ding' a lot no one would give a toss. When he got the Leicester job he'd done an utter shithouse job in Greece and everyone thought the Leicester board were stark raving bonkers. Whilst I'd rather have Bloom any day they might not be as bad as is being painted.
      There's a big difference between Leicester and Chelsea. And Mourinho had clearly lost the dressing room and basically lost the plot. Arsenal haven't won the Premier League for 13 years, yet Leicester sack their manager 9 months after winning the title against all odds. Before last season, only FOUR teams had won the Premier League in the past 20 years....Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, etc have been trying for donkeys years and haven't won the Premier League. There MUST be something more to this....it is insane to have sacked Ranieri. The only thing I can think is that Leicester forgot to put relegation clauses in their players' new contracts, and they're stuffed financially if they go down. Bizarre.

0 Not allowed!
      As bad as this is, they must have someone already lined up immediately you'd think as they're still in with a decent shout of the CL plus their league position
      "All you touch & all you see, is all your life will ever be"

Pink Floyd

0 Not allowed!
      Benetiz to Leicester !