Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes Applause Paul McCarthy

What is a fitting tribute to Paul McCarthy?

• Minutes applause before kick off

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Minutes applause in the 45th minute

Votes: 18 10.2%
  • Minutes silence before kick off

Votes: 51 28.8%
  • Something else

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It is not ideal , but this way the family who live in Sussex and four children who will not be at the game , are able to see the fans showing respect ,Paul has a lot of family in Ireland , who again will not be at the game and will really appreciate seeing the fans showing there respects , if the game was not on Sky , there would not be these problems but also on a positive side , the tribute would not be seen by his family , and also many friends that have come in contact with Paul over the many years .

Absolutely appreciate all of your post. Let's hope it works out.

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why don't we have a minutes silence before the game for everyone there and then at 45 minutes....have a minutes worth of clapping?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
****ing sky should have cut away for a minute pre kick off from whatever moron they'll have rabbitting on about how Newcastle are a Premier League team in waiting

********s

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
The 'it's on Sky, so can't have one before the game' card is bollox.......we had a minute's silence in November for Armistice Day (the one where Anthony was in bits, as his father had just recently passed away) and that game was live on Sky.

Clapping at 45 minute mark is just wrong in my opinion, but I'll do it regardless because of who its for, however hard it will be for me personally. RIP Paul.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Wrong, right, agree with it, don't agree with it.

We all need to make Macca proud today.

I can get a half time pint, skank burger, pie another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Wrong, right, agree with it, don't agree with it.

We all need to make Macca proud today.

I can get a half time pint, skank burger, pie another time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly this.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Not quite sure how this turned into a poll. I certainly wasn't passing the information on to create a debate as we all know how they go on this site.

I do appreciate this being made a sticky though.

Please remember Paul in however you see fit, if you want to have a silent moment or clap before hand please do. If you want to go have a pint then by all means do but raise a glass to the big man. If you want to stand and applaud in the 45 minute then great thank you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sky acknowledged it by showing the giant screen. We recorded the game and watched it again when we got home.
I thought the tribute was done well.

D-rod

Apr 1, 2014
Can I just say thank you to everyone who stayed and applauded , watching on TV very few went for their pie & pint , just glad nothing happened in the minute , and the respect shown was a fitting tribute to Paul , and wether it is the 44 or 45 minute , it does not really matter , most important thing is the respect shown ,

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
C5 showed it in there brief clip of the game which was pleasing to see

paulmccarthy.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here