Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fan handed three year banning order after climbing boundary at Sincil Bank

LVGull

May 13, 2016
It seems harsh, until you see that in 2012 this brain dead mug sheep served 15 months and was given a 6 year banning order from all football matches after having an organised punch-up with some Spurs fans.

I know the Rev and PPF will be nursing semi's at that, and will probably think this is all very snowflake, but personally I'm quite happy when the divs are kept away from the game.

He also let of two flares on a train. Can you imagine that with no opening windows!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely that information cannot be taken into account in a court of law, or is it different for football fans?

He was still serving a football banning order, as it turned out. Therefore, he's fair game.

Strange how that article makes no reference to that fact, being as it does give a misleading impression that he's been harshly dealt with. He hasn't. He's a cretin.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was still serving a football banning order, as it turned out. Therefore, he's fair game.

Strange how that article makes no reference to that fact, being as it does give a misleading impression that he's been harshly dealt with. He hasn't. He's a cretin.

You don't know that. The order could have started from an earlier date or indeed been reduced on appeal. You'd like to think the article would mention this important fact if it was true and he was breaching. His previous offence shouldn't come into this whatsoever really. Fact is, he stood on a wall to celebrate - in the heat of the moment there's nothing whatsoever wrong with that. Stewards & police should expect such TINY incidents in the heat of the moment at football when a goal is scored etc. Three years is ridiculous. Forget the past, everyone deserves a second chance. Fact is he BARELY did anything wrong. He doesn't deserve any ban whatsoever in my opinion. The fact it made court is embarrassing.

I am assuming the pic above of 'this is what he did wrong' is correct - but it doesn't seem he went running on the pitch. There have been several incidents of loads of fans on the pitch celebrating the last few years. I bet only a tiny % of those get banned etc. Seems like they went after this lad unfairly.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

The FBO ended last year if i'm reading that correctly.

Whilst I agree with you now that I can see he's had previous, I still can't help but feel it's still harsh based on what he actually did at Sincil bank especially if he had been behaving up until then, and that is what gets you a further ban.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My wife just got caught speeding by a mobile patrol - 4 pts £80 fine - £30 Victim Sur - £85 costs. £195 and 4 points for doing 37mph in a 30mph zone.
What is the Victim Sur for?

Hidden taxation :)

You don't know that. The order could have started from an earlier date or indeed been reduced on appeal. You'd like to think the article would mention this important fact if it was true and he was breaching. His previous offence shouldn't come into this whatsoever really. Fact is, he stood on a wall to celebrate - in the heat of the moment there's nothing whatsoever wrong with that. Stewards & police should expect such TINY incidents in the heat of the moment at football when a goal is scored etc. Three years is ridiculous. Forget the past, everyone deserves a second chance. Fact is he BARELY did anything wrong. He doesn't deserve any ban whatsoever in my opinion. The fact it made court is embarrassing.

I am assuming the pic above of 'this is what he did wrong' is correct - but it doesn't seem he went running on the pitch. There have been several incidents of loads of fans on the pitch celebrating the last few years. I bet only a tiny % of those get banned etc. Seems like they went after this lad unfairly.

Some people seem to imagine that reports in local newspapers tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And if my granny had balls she might be my granddad (thanks Liam)

That article is dated 2012, and states that all the thugs involved in that tear-up were sent down for various spells, and handed 6 year banning orders. You don't get those until you are convicted of an offence.

He shouldn't have been at that game in the first place. Then he got pissed and jumped the barrier. In isolation I'd agree, that's not worthy of this punishment (as you'd see from my initial response on this thread). But the bloke is a weapons grade dickhead around football matches, he's proved it, so personally I'm quite happy he's banned for another 3 years (even though he's clearly stupid enough to ignore it anyway).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And if my granny had balls she might be my granddad (thanks Liam)

That article is dated 2012, and states that all the thugs involved in that tear-up were sent down for various spells, and handed 6 year banning orders. You don't get those until you are convicted of an offence.

He shouldn't have been at that game in the first place. Then he got pissed and jumped the barrier. In isolation I'd agree, that's not worthy of this punishment (as you'd see from my initial response on this thread). But the bloke is a weapons grade dickhead around football matches, he's proved it, so personally I'm quite happy he's banned for another 3 years (even though he's clearly stupid enough to ignore it anyway).

Again, you still don't know that. If I were to guess I'd say he wasn't on a banning order still FWIW - but I certainly don't know either way. It could have been reduced etc. If he was then I agree with you as he's again shown he is stupid. If he wasn't and the Spurs incident 7 years or so ago was his only offence and he's learnt from it then I don't agree with you. What I'm trying to say is, we don't know enough information for definite to know. I'm going to therefore judge it purely on the Lincoln 'incident' which isn't even an incident in my book and didn't deserve anything other than PERHAPS a quiet word in his ear from a steward. My opinion like.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Matty has previous that's probably why.

If you know the individual concerned maybe you could pass on the following details:-

Amanda.Jacks@fsf.org.uk- 07703 519555.

Shes a caseworker at the Football Supporters Federation. She does a lot of work with footballs fans in overturning or reducing bans etc

el punal

Regardless of whether he's got previous or not. Every fan that goes to a game, unless you're completely pig ignorant, knows that if you run on to the pitch (or field of play) during a match you're punishment will be a ban of some sort. He did and he got banned. Whether the ban seems excessive or not he took the risk and he got caught. A lesson learned maybe?

Jan 30, 2008
it seems harsh, until you see that in 2012 this brain dead mug sheep served 15 months and was given a 6 year banning order from all football matches after having a punch-up with some spurs fans.

I know the rev and ppf will be nursing semi's at that, and will probably think this is all very snowflake, but personally i'm quite happy when the divs are kept away from the game.
really, that would cut the Amex attendance quite a bit :D
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A couple of months ago the away team scored in front of the north stand. (Shouldn't be too hard to work out who!!)
The scorer and teammates celebrated in front of us in the north end of the east.
A mid teenage lad sat in front of us, threw his plastic bottle at them.
Not hitting any players but clearing the hoardings.

He was removed.

I was surprised (and pleased that common sense had prevailed) to see him somewhat sheepishly back in his seat, last week.

I think it's fairly safe to say had this bloke done the throwing, he'd have received, another, banning order.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It seems harsh, until you see that in 2012 this brain dead mug sheep served 15 months and was given a 6 year banning order from all football matches after having a punch-up with some Spurs fans.

I know the Rev and PPF will be nursing semi's at that, and will probably think this is all very snowflake, but personally I'm quite happy when the divs are kept away from the game.

He got his sentence and ban for that though, I don't see this action, jumping over advertising hoardings to celebrate, as related to football violence, it happens very often.
The whole of Boro was on the pitch after they got the draw they needed last day of last season, many of them goading and abusing our fans and players, no one was prosecuted as far as I am aware.
I did not go to the game, but there was a thread on here regarding the numbers and enthusiasm of Police officers engaged in crowd control, I reckon this lead to him getting pinched, once they had him and checked his history, they got excited and made sure he went to the magistrates.
I don't want to see aggro at games, but I don't want to see people nicked and prosecuted for trivial offences with no victim and no malice intended.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Here's a picture of what he's been banned for...

View attachment 82442

Regardless of whether he's got previous or not. Every fan that goes to a game, unless you're completely pig ignorant, knows that if you run on to the pitch (or field of play) during a match you're punishment will be a ban of some sort. He did and he got banned. Whether the ban seems excessive or not he took the risk and he got caught. A lesson learned maybe?

Does he actually enter the field of play though? I suppose technically he does / technically he doesn't? Happens far worse than this every week at football and not many of them will receive banning orders that I know of - certainly not 3 years...? I'm still unsure as to where he actually ended up - did he stay on the wall or just hop over it in his excitement but not as far as the pitch?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here