Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke and Copeland Matchday By-election Thread

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If Labour lose both Corbyn's position has got to be untenable.

It was fairly untenable when the PLP lost confidence in him but he still trucks on.

He won't go anywhere without the McDonnell amendment going through and that is by no means a certainty so I can see the impasse continue and the Conservatives laughing.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Conservatives will win Copeland.

There are enough thickies in Stoke to re-elect Labour, which is great for the country to keep the worst leader of a main party since Foot still in power

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The massive Stoke By-Election. Where are all the student votes? They were all pi$$ing themselves with rage that anyone over 40 were allowed to vote a few months back

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
The massive Stoke By-Election. Where are all the student votes? They were all pi$$ing themselves with rage that anyone over 40 were allowed to vote a few months back
It clashed with the weekly student union happy hour and quiz.... Christ, you have to get your priorities in line.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Clearly a huge disappointment for UKIP.

The governing party, the Tories, increased their share of the vote. Only the 6th time since 1970 in a mid-term by-election.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Reduced majority and reduced share of the vote in a safe Labour heartland. Amazingly poor effort.

Snell doesn't seem a great candidate and I doubt he will end up as much but still enough to beat out UKIP in the Brexit heartlands.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
First time the governing party have GAINED a by-election seat held by the official opposition since the 1960s.

Congratulations Trudy Harrison, the 1st Tory MP for Copeland since the 1930s.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
An absolute catastrophe for the Labour Party in Copeland.

Corbyn should go. He won't, obviously.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Snell doesn't seem a great candidate and I doubt he will end up as much but still enough to beat out UKIP in the Brexit heartlands.

I don't know anything about Snell but saw him interviewed the other day and god did he seem dull.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here