Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How would you feel if Tony Bloom sold the club to the Chinese?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'm not sure there's any such thing as "the Chinese". We have to face facts that football clubs are saleable commodities these days - there are some foreign investors who have been good, stable owners for their clubs (Abramovich, Sheikh Mansoor, Kroenke and Liebherr at Saints) and others who have been complete nightmares (Venkys, Vincent Tan, Duchâtelet at Charlton). I'd suggest none can be defined by their race, nationality, creed, religion - just by their personality.

I would of course have concerns about a Chinese investment bank buying the club. IBs typically only invest in companies where they see a very obvious way to make lots of money, or if they have someone they are fronting up for that doesn't want to be identified. Without having an inside track on this, I'm not going to throw any accusations about - but I'm not sure I can see the 'easy money' angle in this case!

Dick Knight did us a huge favour in sitting tight until he was confident he could pass the reins to someone he trusted. I have a lot of faith that Tony would do the same.
If dick went on any longer we'd have gone bust with huge debts and bigger debts than when we lost the Godstone....thankfully Mr bloom came to our rescue by bankrolling us even while dicks was the chairman... :)
If it happens it happens but we now have a wonderful infrastructure unlike many :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hope we don't sell to Africans. I don't want cannibals doing the catering.

(Just thought I'd join in with the general racial stereotyping)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here