Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Couldn't we have a Brexit style Poll and say we are democratically xenophobic and that Tony has to get over it?.
    What is a 'Brexit style poll' and how is it different from an ordinary poll? Many of us, it is obvious from this thread, would be uneasy about a Chinese takeover, but it's a bit insulting to imply that makes us all xenophobes.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      TB is a fan like the rest of us at the end of the day, I am 100% confident he would not consider selling any % of the club to anyone that didn't have its best interests at heart.

I would be very surprised if he hasn't already had a number of calls offering to buy some or all of the club, given our situation and location we must be a very attractive proposition for a foreign investor.
      Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      What is a 'Brexit style poll' and how is it different from an ordinary poll? Many of us, it is obvious from this thread, would be uneasy about a Chinese takeover, but it's a bit insulting to imply that makes us all xenophobes.
      Do you have an alarm that goes off every time someone types "Brexit"?

7 Not allowed!
      I'd be very, very unhappy if the club was sold to overseas "investors". We could not possibly be in better hands right now. We have the rare luxury of knowing that the owner of BHAFC is 100% trustworthy, and will always act with the clubs best interests at heart. Its not an ego trip for Bloom. Its not a plaything. Its not something he uses to seek a high profile in the media, or with his business associates. First and foremost, he's a lifetime fan, who just so happens to have pockets deeper Neville Southall's bath.

Not ALL foreign owners are "bad" of course. And there are plenty of UK-based owners who have made a right old Horlicks of their clubs, whether it was deliberate or not (us in the past, Blackpool, Bolton). But I look at the owners of Blackburn, Birmingham, Wolves, Cardiff, Leeds, Forest, Pompey (wonderfully), Orient, Villa, Notts County, and the sheer levels of cluelessness in the boardrooms at those clubs just makes me shudder. Those owners are so detached from the most important aspect of whats needed to make a club successful - stability - that they just lurch from one disaster to another as those clubs invariably stagnate, and then inevitably tumble.

We could not possibly have a better owner than TB. I know he'd always do his utmost to leave us in safe hands, but I honestly hope that I never see the day he sells up.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

1 Not allowed!
      I agree with most of the sentiment shown on here. Also worth adding he is only 46 so has a good 25-30 years left of good health and therefore the time where he may need to sell is some way away, unless he runs out of money which seems unlikely to me.

However if someone comes in and offers him his money back plus 50%, and says they will invest a further vast sum into making BHAFC a champions league contender what would you say/do? It may not happen, but it certainly could in today's very odd football world.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Do you have an alarm that goes off every time someone types "Brexit"?
      No, just surprised when some twonk tries to introduce Brexit into a totally inappropriate thread.

1 Not allowed!
      I'd absolutely hate it. All the far eastern owners in both the PL and Championship seem to be completely clueless about football culture. There's no loyalty to them and they're likely to get bored of their plaything a couple of years.

0 Not allowed!
      It's all about change, so if I was to accept someone else taking over from Sir Tone, then I'd want his opposite, perhaps from a North Korean bank. Someone fiendish should rule the roost in the wake of our saint.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

1 Not allowed!
      I'd feel very let down.

When we wrestled control of the club from Archer the clause was put in to prevent single ownership of the club again. Knight reluctantly agreed to waive this to get the investment in the stadium, but he sold up to the right man and to someone he trusted.

To see it all sold - well I think its incredibly far-fetched - but to go along with the hypothesis of this thread, yeah I'd feel very let down

4 Not allowed!
      Wouldn't happen in Germany
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."