Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

How would you feel if Tony Bloom sold the club to the Chinese?

0 Not allowed!
    With the news that Southampton are now in talks to sell to a Chinese Bank which would mean they would become the 6th Chinese owned club in the country (Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa, Birmingham City and Wolverhampton Wanderers) we have to face there is a realistic (if perhaps not likely) chance of our club being a target, particularly if we go up.

How would you feel if this happened?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      If it happened, then it would be with Tony Bloom's blessing and he would do it with the clubs best interests at heart. So personally I would be fine with it. You can never say never, but I don't think it will be happening anytime soon.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

2 Not allowed!
      Gutted !

3 Not allowed!
      I Thought Manchester City was owned by Sheikh Mansour. You learn something new everyday.

1 Not allowed!
      I think there's too much Albion history within the Bloom family for a complete sell out to foreign owners, unless that is his own personal financial situation changed drastically and he had to sell, but that's unlikely in the foreseeable future.

1 Not allowed!
      I thought there was a clause that Mr Knight put in place that put massive restrictions on anyone's ability to sell the club?

Clearly TB is by far the majority shareholder and could sell his shareholding but others may not or can't, maybe a buyer would want 100%?

My feelings would be well done TB, you delivered on your promise, we have a great stadium, are Prem Lge ready and you make a few bob (p.s. I don't think he'd sell all of his holding but maybe 33%?) but I'd worry about a future of an owner without the historic understanding of the club and, possibly, with a short term ambition?

Biggest worry for all English clubs will be when (not if) the TV bubble bursts and the Sky Money Fountain dries up. More so than ever I wouldn't invest in English football.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      With the news that Southampton are now in talks to sell to a Chinese Bank which would mean they would become the 6th Chinese owned club in the country (Manchester City, West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa, Birmingham City and Wolverhampton Wanderers) we have to face there is a realistic (if perhaps not likely) chance of our club being a target, particularly if we go up.

How would you feel if this happened?
      Imagine if he lost the club in a poker game

9 Not allowed!
      That would be the end of the Albion, would kill the club

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by smeg View Post
      Imagine if he lost the club in a poker game
      Then that would beat the largest pot in poker by a factor of around 300. So I wouldn't worry too much.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      I thought there was a clause that Mr Knight put in place that put massive restrictions on anyone's ability to sell the club?

Clearly TB is by far the majority shareholder and could sell his shareholding but others may not or can't, maybe a buyer would want 100%?
      Irrelevant, surely? Bloom's holding is such that he controls the club so if anyone bought him out they'd control the club, regardless of the minority shareholders.

Back to the opening question: if it meant pancake rolls featuring in the concourse outlets then I could be persuaded.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.