Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We can finish Readings automatic hopes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If we win it certainly increases the liklihood of a 3 horse race - draw wouldn't be a disaster though - same with Tuesday...

I am pretty astounded that the bookies have us at 8/13 to win - Reading 5/1 - I know we know more about the Albion than the bookies but those re silly odds IMO given we've had a slight wobble and Reading are 4th. Let's hope the bookies are right. (same goes for Barnsley 5/2 to beat Hudds - good value that IMO)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I hope it's not a nervy quiet start from our fans on Saturday

Who gives a shit about the nervyness of our fans? Face it, it's never going to get any LESS nervy for our fans from here on in. It's all about the players, and whether they come out to languidly roll the ball around in their own half for the first 45 minutes, or whether they go for the win from the off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well I have to say I strongly disagree with those figures.
You are in good company!

NO-ONE on NSC seems remotely confident that we will get comfortable automatic promotion with a margin of around 8-10 points ahead of Huddersfield.... yet that is precisely what the industry experts are predicting.

If, like most on here apparently, you believe that Huddersfield are now very likely to get at least 88pts+ then there is little downside to buying at 85.5. Noting your comment you must be able to get a fixed odds bet to similar effect somewhere.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Is there somewhere I can just place a bet on them finishing above a certain number of points, rather than spread bet? Spread betting is different.

Dont think so but possibly somewhere....Betfair maybe but it will be like over/under 85 at odds like 10/11 or so each side I would imagine.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A small note aside .... At the start of the season , did anyone like me make sure no holidays were booked in late may Bank holiday weekend . ? Feeling comfortable now that i can holiday then

Are you really that confident?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we win it certainly increases the liklihood of a 3 horse race - draw wouldn't be a disaster though - same with Tuesday...

I am pretty astounded that the bookies have us at 8/13 to win - Reading 5/1 - I know we know more about the Albion than the bookies but those re silly odds IMO given we've had a slight wobble and Reading are 4th. Let's hope the bookies are right. (same goes for Barnsley 5/2 to beat Hudds - good value that IMO)

Reading 5/1 is WAY too long. I think we'll do it but giving them 5/1 surely suggests they think we'll walk this 3-0?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If, like most on here apparently, you believe that Huddersfield are now very likely to get at least 88pts+ then there is little downside to buying at 85.5. Noting your comment you must be able to get a fixed odds bet to similar effect somewhere.
Dont think so but possibly somewhere....Betfair maybe but it will be like over/under 85 at odds like 10/11 or so each side I would imagine.
Yeah it's fixed odds I'm after, spread betting is a different game.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading 5/1 is WAY too long. I think we'll do it but giving them 5/1 surely suggests they think we'll walk this 3-0?
The draw with Ipswich was equally daft odds. We're much shorter odds to win than Huddersfield were, no idea why.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My 7 wins from 14 games spreadsheet has the next two down as draws.
Following Barnsley, and with the team on a high, we should go for a win.
Followed by another on Tuesday.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One game at a time.

A long way to go.

Anything could happen.

Etc, etc, etc...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have this one covered. I stuck a fiver in hud to beat reading and Newcastle and hud to win sat before we lose to reading. Stand to win about 150 quid. I expect the one to let me down will be late equaliser for reading. That will hurt.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Alternatively......

Come 7.30 on Sat pm, we could be 7 points ahead of Huddersfield. If we win both games (not impossible) then we will be 10 points ahead by Wednesday morning, albeit with them having a game in hand.

As much as I would love this to happen, it's not gonna is it alas.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here