Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doris to storm in or does she ?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I guess if it's not happening outside your door it's not really happening. Perhaps we should only name storms that affect Sussex eh.

This - I think people forget how unremarkable the weather generally is in SE England, while it's wreaking havoc on some more exposed parts of the country....

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I can warn you that crossing the road can be dangerous, are you staying indoors today now?
Ah well. Enjoy your Daily Mail, PC gone mad rant. FWIW, if someone told me crossing a particular road was a lot more dangerous at a given time, I would be more circumspect in crossing it at that time or might seek an alternative route.

I'm off to juggle chainsaws so no-one thinks I'm a snowflake.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Storm doris update - worthing

In the past two hours

- Local eaterie owner (and fellow NSC member) had their free-standing sign blown over and had it take it in early

- the hood of my hoodie nearly blew off my head in a strong gust

- a driver nearly had to take evasive action as a white carrier bag was blown across a road

More news and updates as they occur.

Stay safe folks!!:D

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pier head in Liverpool was quite dangerous around midday - I ventured out to buy a sandwich but managed to survive.

However I am now the proud owner of bits of a greenhouse, instead of the whole one I had this morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here