Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doris to storm in or does she ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Has been a rather pleasent day up here little bit of current bun and now sign of wet and windy weather. You ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Got wetter than this in the spray from Dorissssshhhh,the usherette at Seaford fleapit many moons ago.Think the wind was probably similar.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the subject of Doris, am I right in thinking that this is the second Doris. Fairly sure that we had a storm Doris on it's way two weeks ago. Did it just not materialise then, or is this Doris 2?

Can they downgrade it having named it? Very odd.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm a tad confused, wasn't the last spell of inclement weather that came our way called Doris? If that's the case than surely this one should start with an E?

Enid, Ethel, ,or Evadne maybe? Or maybe it should be named after our very own Edna Krabappel

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the subject of Doris, am I right in thinking that this is the second Doris. Fairly sure that we had a storm Doris on it's way two weeks ago. Did it just not materialise then, or is this Doris 2?

Can they downgrade it having named it? Very odd.

To answer my own question they were going to call it Doris and some news outlets were calling it Doris in the first week of February but then they changed their mind. Amazing.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I'm a tad confused, wasn't the last spell of inclement weather that came our way called Doris? If that's the case than surely this one should start with an E?

Enid, Ethel, ,or Evadne maybe? Or maybe it should be named after our very own Edna Krabappel

Apparently it alternates between male and female names, so Edwin or Edward maybe.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought this was going to be another thread about Cressida Dick.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This storm naming is made to boost tabloid sales, pretty embarrassing when you look the weather across the rest of the world

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here