Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gayle out for 6 games !!!

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
We were flat against Villa until Mitrovic came on, obviously I'd rather Gayle was fit, but Mitro should be an adequate deputy. Especially if we can keep getting goals from midfield too. It's not ideal, but this is exactly the kind of situation that we bought Murphy for. Gayle is injured, in steps Mitro, Mitro isn't scoring/isn't staying on the pitch bring on Murphy.

Sorted.

Huddersfield are doing well, but their game is heavy on the legs. We remain 5pts and +29GD ahead of them. Their cup game against Man City is a conundrum, they could field a weakened side to focus on the league, or field their strongest in the hopes of turning the Premier League side over. They may lose and be demoralised easy pickings, they might lose and look to bounce back against us, they could win and be complacent/distracted, they could win and be full of beans. they could go to penalties and be emotional wrecks.

All Newcastle can do is the same thing we've done for most of the season; take each game on it's own. Get the ball to Shelvey and have him stretch the play. Control the ball if we can, defend well if we can't.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We were flat against Villa until Mitrovic came on, obviously I'd rather Gayle was fit, but Mitro should be an adequate deputy. Especially if we can keep getting goals from midfield too. It's not ideal, but this is exactly the kind of situation that we bought Murphy for. Gayle is injured, in steps Mitro, Mitro isn't scoring/isn't staying on the pitch bring on Murphy.

Sorted.

Huddersfield are doing well, but their game is heavy on the legs. We remain 5pts and +29GD ahead of them. Their cup game against Man City is a conundrum, they could field a weakened side to focus on the league, or field their strongest in the hopes of turning the Premier League side over. They may lose and be demoralised easy pickings, they might lose and look to bounce back against us, they could win and be complacent/distracted, they could win and be full of beans. they could go to penalties and be emotional wrecks.

All Newcastle can do is the same thing we've done for most of the season; take each game on it's own. Get the ball to Shelvey and have him stretch the play. Control the ball if we can, defend well if we can't.

Sensible stuff there. Huddersfield are a bit of a conundrum though, they seem to have two teams that are super fit and interchangeable so although their game may be heavy on the legs they may well be fit enough to see it through, cup distractions or not. And they seem to be coming good at the right time of the season. We also need to keep taking each game on its own, take our chances when they come and defend super well. We've got a couple more cards to play - Rosenior to complete his comeback from injury will shore up an already strong defence and King Kayal is not yet back to his best, when he is our midfield will be complete and with good quality cover. Anyway, it looks like it's going to be down to the 3 of us so lets see how it plays out.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
If Newcastle lose next Tuesday first thing Rafa will do is blame it on Gayle being injured

That's fine. If we were to win that game, I honestly couldn't give a monkey's toss what Rafa chooses to blame it on.

Jan 22, 2017
In fairness this is Rafa not Pardew, even when we have won this season Rafa has came out and said we need to improve and haven't been good enough. He hasn't made excuses and blamed other things for our short comings.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In fairness this is Rafa not Pardew, even when we have won this season Rafa has came out and said we need to improve and haven't been good enough. He hasn't made excuses and blamed other things for our short comings.

Yes, I don't particularly remember him blaming injuries or the ref this season. Respectful of the opposition, a million miles from that d**khead Pardew

Jan 22, 2017
Yes, I don't particularly remember him blaming injuries or the ref this season. Respectful of the opposition, a million miles from that d**khead Pardew

He is in a different league both in terms of management and in class to that snake. I remember Alan Pardew blaming science for one of our defeats. Science.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
He is in a different league both in terms of management and in class to that snake. I remember Alan Pardew blaming science for one of our defeats. Science.

Presumably that was Pards getting down with you locals, by slipping in a Jossy's Giants reference. Nice.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Benitez says the Gayle injury isn't as bad as first feared and there's an outside chance he'll be fit for our game against you lot.

Even if he's not fit, it's great news that he's not out for 6 fixtures.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Benitez says the Gayle injury isn't as bad as first feared and there's an outside chance he'll be fit for our game against you lot.

Even if he's not fit, it's great news that he's not out for 6 fixtures.

Not a chance in hell, he's not training, Benitez hopeful it will be less than 4 weeks.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
What The Mag says:

Whilst Bristol City is set to be too early, the United boss says that they will monitor the striker’s progress,and he could even be back as early as Tuesday night for the trip to Brighton.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/02/raf...nce-great-news-dwight-gayle-newcastle-united/

What the fat Sanish waiter actually said:

“We don’t have a timescale for Dwight. He is doing really well and we are quite pleased with the situation now.

"But we cannot say how long he will be out for. He is not training, but all the tests we have done are quite positive, it is a question of his confidence more than anything. I think it will be less than four weeks.

"We have been watching the video (of the Aston Villa game) and we couldn’t see any situation where he was feeling real pain or problems. He was not comfortable, but all the tests we did before he played against Norwich, he was fine.

"The tests we have done after are okay. It is just a question of confidence, he has to feel that he is fine. Now, we just have to treat him and make sure he is comfortable.

“To lose your top scorer is not ideal, you miss something. But when (Daryl) Murphy and (Aleksandar) Mitrovic had to play they have done well, and we also have Ayoze (Perez). We can cope with that, but it would be better to have Dwight on the pitch competing with the others. I am quite positive.

“Could he be involved at Brighton? We have to see. He has to train so we can see the feeling that he has. If he feels fine, we will see what he wants to do."

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...trovic_and_sympathy_for_Ranieri_at_Leicester/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here