Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
    11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Optimist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read this club statement from earlier in the year:

http://www.leytonorient.com/news/art...t-3528608.aspx
    That's been written using Google Translate hasn't it.

Ad we thought Archer and Bellotti were bad....
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      That's been written using Google Translate hasn't it.

Ad we thought Archer and Bellotti were bad....
      I would still go with Archer and Bellotti being worse. This guy seems incompetent whereas Archer and Bellotti were asset strippers.

0 Not allowed!
      Maybe killing a football club was Seb's idea of legacy.
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Must be even worse sat there looking at West Ham's shiny new bargain stadium just up the road.
      But West Ham can fill 70% of it. Orient would struggle to fill 10%.

Are you saying that LO should have sold their ground and rented Wembley? (if they had been allowed to). If a club doesn't have the security of real estate behind them, there would be only one way to go if financial difficulties struck.

I realise that TB owns The Amex, but I think this situation is slightly different.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney Todd View Post
      Anyone remember the game at Brisbane Road, in December 1996, when we lost and were twelve points adrift at the foot of L2 and staring oblivion in the face? Their fans really rubbed our noses in it that day.
      Remember it well. I think some fans of a certain age won't forget these times and how some of their fans and management treated us.
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Anyone remember the game at Brisbane Road, in December 1996, when we lost and were twelve points adrift at the foot of L2 and staring oblivion in the face? Their fans really rubbed our noses in it that day.

Also, I was at the Kassam Stadium on the final day of the 2005/06 season, when Orient beat Oxford to secure promotion to L1 and to relegate Oxford to the Conference. Orient had four-thousand fans there that day, half of whom, at the end of the match, spilled onto the pitch to goad the Oxford fans and had to be cleared by police on horseback.

All in all, then, my sympathy for Orient is limited.
      Swings and roundabouts though.

I remember the final match at the Goldstone, Orient beat Hereford 2-0 that day, which, combined with our victory over Doncaster, lifted the Albion one place above Hereford. There's a tosser element amongst fans of all clubs.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
      I'll look after the skirt Pinkie Brown's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Also, I was at the Kassam Stadium on the final day of the 2005/06 season, when Orient beat Oxford to secure promotion to L1 and to relegate Oxford to the Conference. Orient had four-thousand fans there that day, half of whom, at the end of the match, spilled onto the pitch to goad the Oxford fans and had to be cleared by police on horseback.

All in all, then, my sympathy for Orient is limited.
      Yep. A fair few of their fans have registered high on the twatometer in past visits to Brisbane Road. Haven't read the whole thread and can't be arsed tbf. I'm torn about this. Aside from the antics above, there was their chairman of the time urging that Brighton be slung out the league after the 'Wilkins leg' incident, plus again, in the close season, when the League chairman met up to discuss a motion to throw Brighton out the league. Orient represented by Hearn were vocifirous for the motion for Brighton to be slung out the league. We were at our lowest ebb back then with the Gillingham groundshare.

For those reasons, my sympathy for Leyton Orient doesn't register too high. Some people have short memories. I don't. The same goes for Hereford. I remember their behaviour in the close season of 1997.
      Why take up crime when there are legal ways of being dishonest.

1 Not allowed!
      I too remember Scott McGleish, but that's not the point What is happening to Orient is disgusting and they deserve the same solidarity we were shown by so many in the darkest of times. I'm doing a fundraising gig for Save The Orient after the Blackburn game in Walthamstow with a great bunch of locals. Fellow Albion fans who happen to live nearby would be most welcome ....
      http://www.wegottickets.com/event/394136

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      . I'm doing a fundraising gig for Save The Orient l]
      Just when they THINK things can't get any WORSE for them

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      I too remember Scott McGleish, but that's not the point What is happening to Orient is disgusting and they deserve the same solidarity we were shown by so many in the darkest of times. I'm doing a fundraising gig for Save The Orient after the Blackburn game in Walthamstow with a great bunch of locals. Fellow Albion fans who happen to live nearby would be most welcome ....
      http://www.wegottickets.com/event/394136
      Shown solidarity by so many-shame Orient's Chairman did his best to get us kicked out of the League. Their fans were goons during our troubles. No sympathies from me I'm afraid.
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.