• Reading Win

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 110 76.4%

• Total voters

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which fixture list are you looking at, then? Based on current positions the mean position of Albion's last 8 opponents is 17.5, Huddersfield's is 12.5.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, we're discussing the remaining games.
They have several games against potential late PO challengers, we have one.
We both have Newcastle, Norwich and Derby. We have Reading, Leeds and QPR they have Fulham, Barnsley and Preston. We both have 7 at home and away. Villa are a mess and Huddersfield get to play them shortly. By the end of the season when we play them I expect they'll have improved.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Reading are ABOVE us on May 7th I will sit NAKED astride the top of the I360 eating a HOB NOB

Would never happen you right royally welched on that bet to kiss a certain chairmans arse not so long ago, dear boy

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
In our hands, beat reading and newcastle at home, then we'd be full of confidence for the final 12 games (especially as 5 of newcastles 12 games would be Huddersfield, Leeds, reading, Fulham and Sheffield Wednesday).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Still can't get my head round it.

Throw aside 40 years of support because of one knobhead? Might suggest he didn't really like Brighton much to start with.

I guess it must have been easier after they followed us up:whistle:

Yeah must have taken him 40 years and hundreds of games home and away to realise the silly. Man. Would have saved himself such a fortune.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm not sure what you're getting at, we're discussing the remaining games.

OK. Let's set it out. You will have to go back and read my previous post which, in short, alluded to the fact that Huddersfield, based on form on last 7 games, would be just behind us with the run in to go.

So....this is the games left at that point with current League positions in brackets:

Albion

Blackburn (23)
Brum (16)
QPR (15)
Wolves (19)
Wigan (22)
Norwich (8)
Bristol City (21)
Aston Villa (17)

The mean position is 141/8 = 17.6

Huddersfield

Burton (20)
Norwich (8)
Forest (18)
PNE (10)
Derby (11)
Fulham (7)
Brum (16)
Cardiff (12)

The mean position is 102/8 = 12.8

So, my point was, that based on the CURRENT League positions, our run in is preferable. Ergo, if we are on about equal points with 8 to go, I would fancy us. You chose to query whether Huddersfield's run in was in fact more difficult. I would say it is, although we all know every match is difficult, teams that face relegation have everything to fight for, teams that have nothing to play for might be easier, form can change etc etc. I know all that, just making point that Huddersfield have to make up ground and overtake us in what on paper looks slightly more challenging run in.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK. Let's set it out. You will have to go back and read my previous post which, in short, alluded to the fact that Huddersfield, based on form on last 7 games, would be just behind us with the run in to go.

So....this is the games left at that point with current League positions in brackets:
Ah, when you said "Albion's last 8 games I thought you meant the last 8 we just had, not the last 8 of the season.

So, my point was, that based on the CURRENT League positions, our run in is preferable. Ergo, if we are on about equal points with 8 to go, I would fancy us.
I see.
just making point that Huddersfield have to make up ground and overtake us in what on paper looks slightly more challenging run in.
Well the bit that your saying looks slightly more challenging is the last 8 games. The other 6 games (ie, the next 6) are a lot tougher for us.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The other 6 games (ie, the next 6) are a lot tougher for us.

Absolutely, which was my original point: if we are still ahead of them after the next 6 (and I would say even, say, 3 points behind) then I would feel optimistic. I am not a big fan of 'season defining' moments, especially one off games, but I can buy that the next 6 will pretty much seal the deal, or not.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here