Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Reading Win

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 110 76.4%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's in our own hands. We're still 4 points ahead. What we need to avoid is unnecessary cards.
I believe that there is more pressure on Newcastle than there is on us or Hudds.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry to break it to you about the Yorkshire derbies point, but we've already played Leeds (won 1-0, Mooy thunderbolt) and Rotherham (won 3-2, the game that made us believe) away.

Oops - looked at wrong fixture list! [emoji4]

Also, I'm not sure if Derby away should still be classed as difficult! They'll only be playing for pride (no pun intended) by the time you roll up there in April.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just need to focus on matching or bettering Huddersfield's result on Saturday for now.

Then consider what else is needed after that.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Last season Burnley, Boro and ourselves kept confounding each other by refusing to lose, getting late winners, equalisers with annoying regularity. Looks like this season will be no different.

Huddersfield have got themselves back in the game with a fantastic effort. Can all three sides keep up the pace? it's now looking as if 90 points may not be enough to guarantee a top two spot, it really is quite incredible. This division is an absolute ******* to get out of. Surely the most compelling league in Europe right now.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's in our own hands. We're still 4 points ahead. What we need to avoid is unnecessary cards.
I believe that there is more pressure on Newcastle than there is on us or Hudds.

Indeed we have expectation but nothing compared to the Toon, they are expected to just walk the league and its not turning out that way

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton
Thanks. As Hefele put it to sky after the Leeds game "it's a f44king dream" at the moment... :)

Sorry to break it to you about the Yorkshire derbies point, but we've already played Leeds (won 1-0, Mooy thunderbolt) and Rotherham (won 3-2, the game that made us believe) away. That said, Barnsley will be hard, they gave us a very good game earlier in the season.

Other than that, we've already crossed off most of the expectedly difficult games away, Derby aside. Beat Newcastle at ours at the this could be on...

(...none us actually believe we'll make the top 2 by the way. We're lowly Huddersfield Town...we're giving you and Newcastle a fright at the moment but we'll end up disappointing ourselves again soon enough...maybe...)

Not having that, looking on your forum i would say a majority of your fans now think it is very much on for you to get automatic promotion....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Rotherham (won 3-2, the game that made us believe)
(...none us actually believe we'll make the top 2 by the way.
I'm noticing inconsistencies in your story. It looks like you're trying to pull the wool over the footballing gods' eyes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Thanks. As Hefele put it to sky after the Leeds game "it's a f44king dream" at the moment... :)

Sorry to break it to you about the Yorkshire derbies point, but we've already played Leeds (won 1-0, Mooy thunderbolt) and Rotherham (won 3-2, the game that made us believe) away. That said, Barnsley will be hard, they gave us a very good game earlier in the season.

Other than that, we've already crossed off most of the expectedly difficult games away, Derby aside. Beat Newcastle at ours at the this could be on...

(...none us actually believe we'll make the top 2 by the way. We're lowly Huddersfield Town...we're giving you and Newcastle a fright at the moment but we'll end up disappointing ourselves again soon enough...maybe...)

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We won the league, three times in a row
We won the fa cup
And now wer're gojng up
We are the town
Oh yes we are the town.
La la la la la laaaaaaa. Etc

This is an amazing season in a competitive division. We have the billionaires of Newcastle sneering at all of us minnows, town playing out of their socks and brighton playing some terrific stuff with attacking adventurous play and three wingers who would grace most sides.

It doesn't get much better than this and these are the times we must all cherish when remembering bouncing along in the lower leagues......remember town diving through the divisions, ending up in the 4th playing horribly against Pompey on a wet Saturday afternoon, I think town lost 4-0 and we couldn't watch the game due to all the fighting and general miserableness around.

After supporting brighton for 40 years, my brother, after a incident in the north stand when town played brighton a couple of years ago, walked away from brighton and renewed his love of Huddersfield and now goes to every game home and away taking his family all over the country( we were both born in Huddersfield). Personally I have supported brighton for 43 years although I have a soft spot for my home town team obviously.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and let's hope it is not another Bruce feck up, losing to Fulham on the last day of the season if you remember...I was there and it was horrible.

Cheers

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No, I think they're thinking that 5 games ago they were 11 points behind, and they've caught up 7 in just 5 games, and they've plenty of time left to catch up the rest.

To state the bleeding obvious, that have caught up 7 because they have won the lot. Over the last 7 games they have caught up 4 points, slightly less impressive, and on that basis (which of course won't happen but let's assume for a minute) would be behind us on GD just as we are beginning (on paper) our easy run in; theirs is slightly harder. It is the classic over-reaction to a run of form, as we had with Villa before Xmas. Keep saying it: I can't see them maintaining this, and if they do they will deserve promotion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
just as we are beginning (on paper) our easy run in; theirs is slightly harder.
Is it? I've just looked and I don't see how theirs is harder than ours.

Keep saying it: I can't see them maintaining this, and if they do they will deserve promotion.
You say they'll deserve it as if it's going to make us feel any better about missing out. I don't care if they'd deserve it, that doesn't help me.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We won the league, three times in a row
We won the fa cup
And now wer're gojng up
We are the town
Oh yes we are the town.
La la la la la laaaaaaa. Etc

This is an amazing season in a competitive division. We have the billionaires of Newcastle sneering at all of us minnows, town playing out of their socks and brighton playing some terrific stuff with attacking adventurous play and three wingers who would grace most sides.

It doesn't get much better than this and these are the times we must all cherish when remembering bouncing along in the lower leagues......remember town diving through the divisions, ending up in the 4th playing horribly against Pompey on a wet Saturday afternoon, I think town lost 4-0 and we couldn't watch the game due to all the fighting and general miserableness around.

After supporting brighton for 40 years, my brother, after a incident in the north stand when town played brighton a couple of years ago, walked away from brighton and renewed his love of Huddersfield and now goes to every game home and away taking his family all over the country( we were both born in Huddersfield). Personally I have supported brighton for 43 years although I have a soft spot for my home town team obviously.

Best of luck for the rest of the season and let's hope it is not another Bruce feck up, losing to Fulham on the last day of the season if you remember...I was there and it was horrible.

Cheers

Completely, 100% agree. And obviously I'm trying to downplay our chances, mainly to myself, but that there is even a chance of top-2 at this point in the season is a dream. For us both to go up would be the icing on the best ever season in my lifetime.

In contrast, that Fulham game was one of the low points. We were top of the second tier at Christmas, flying high, with Marcus Stewart banging them in for fun. Then the then chairman found out that Marcus was also scoring for fun with his wife and promptly sold him to promotion rivals Ipswich. We ended up 7th (due to losing the last game of the season at Fulham), and Ipswich 6th. They went up through the playoffs and Marcus was second top scorer in the PL the next season (ahead of Henry), whereas we went down, and went in to receivership the season after... It's been quite the road...

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
After supporting brighton for 40 years, my brother, after a incident in the north stand when town played brighton a couple of years ago, walked away from brighton and renewed his love of Huddersfield and now goes to every game home and away taking his family all over the country.

That must have been some incident to set aside 40 years of support.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That must have been some incident to set aside 40 years of support.

it really was. Where i stand I know everyone around me and we have tremendous banter at the huddersfield game( soft southern blouse wearing shandy drinking poofs/ fat northern thick ****...that sort of thing) and they all know that is all pantomime, but some stupid sod who I haven't seen before or since threatened him with all sorts of stuff when huddersfield scored just before half time, i think it was, I stepped in front of him and he backed off, but he then went and cried to a steward that there were away fans in his stand and he wanted them removed assuming my brother had sat there for a couple of years....after my brother was spoken to , he asked to go and sit with the town fans and it was only that I knew the supervising stewards from my radio days that he was walked around to the south stand away section.

Shame really as I rarely get to see him these days.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Is it? I've just looked and I don't see how theirs is harder than ours.

Which fixture list are you looking at, then? Based on current positions the mean position of Albion's last 8 opponents is 17.5, Huddersfield's is 12.5. They have several games against potential late PO challengers, we have one.

You say they'll deserve it as if it's going to make us feel any better about missing out. I don't care if they'd deserve it, that doesn't help me.

Sorry for you then. I just think if a team gets 90+ points and pips us to promotion then they deserve respect for doing so. Of course it would be shite for us, but that sort of is the nature of sport. If it's too hot in the kitchen....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
it really was. Where i stand I know everyone around me and we have tremendous banter at the huddersfield game( soft southern blouse wearing shandy drinking poofs/ fat northern thick ****...that sort of thing) and they all know that is all pantomime, but some stupid sod who I haven't seen before or since threatened him with all sorts of stuff when huddersfield scored just before half time, i think it was, I stepped in front of him and he backed off, but he then went and cried to a steward that there were away fans in his stand and he wanted them removed assuming my brother had sat there for a couple of years....after my brother was spoken to , he asked to go and sit with the town fans and it was only that I knew the supervising stewards from my radio days that he was walked around to the south stand away section.

Shame really as I rarely get to see him these days.

Still can't get my head round it.

Throw aside 40 years of support because of one knobhead? Might suggest he didn't really like Brighton much to start with.

I guess it must have been easier after they followed us up:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here