• Reading Win

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 110 76.4%

• Total voters

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
not too worried about tonight's result yes a draw would of been better but we haven't got to play Huddersfield again Newcastle have to worry about them more than us

Newcastle's upcoming fixtures:

Bristol City(h)
BRIGHTON(a)
Huddersfield(a)
Reading(a)
Fulham(h)
Brum(a)

Potential for them to drop a few points by the end of March..

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would someone please just kick off their bad run. Anyone. Please.

Looking through their fixtures I feel they have some tough games (as do we of course but that 8 out of the 9 bottom teams thing may help...!):

Barnsley a
Wolves a
Toon h
Villa h
Brentford a
Norwich h
Derby a
Fulham h

All stand out as particularly tricky ties left. That's 8 of their 14 games I consider particularly tricky. If we do well in the next 4 or 5 games & it really does become a 3 horse race we could get over the line through Hudds dropping points in these fixtures. Just saying like...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Got a sneaky feeling that Barnsley will do us a massive favour on Saturday.

Will go large on it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They have won every game in Feb! All I am saying is that posters kept saying the same last year, kept saying that Burnley will lose at some time, they didn't, not once after Xmas. The positive is that we can knock Reading out on Sat and bring it down to a 3 horse race. My concern is that out of the 3 on recent form we are the weakest of the 3.

How far back your run?????

10 games (nearly 1/4 of the season) we're equal with Newcastle 4 points behind Huddersfield. We're 4 points ahead with a huge goal advantage. So going on current form they'd catch us nearly with a few games to go.

On current form we'd end up on 96 Huddersfield 95 (10 games)

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Frustrating considering it was a draw for most of it and that would've been an excellent outcome for us. But Hudds are on a mission, and writing them off just because of the FA cup would be unwise. On a plus side we have an advantage on Reading, so the key is to respond by going for a win.

I'll be glad just to have this month over, the picture brightens up a little more then. Get the toughest fixtures out of the way now, and then we go onwards.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Looking through their fixtures I feel they have some tough games (as do we of course but that 8 out of the 9 bottom teams thing may help...!):

Barnsley a
Wolves a
Toon h
Villa h
Brentford a
Norwich h
Derby a
Fulham h

All stand out as particularly tricky ties left. That's 8 of their 14 games I consider particularly tricky. If we do well in the next 4 or 5 games & it really does become a 3 horse race we could get over the line through Hudds dropping points in these fixtures. Just saying like...

Unfortunately you could say the same for us:

Reading (H)
Newcastle (H)
Derby (H)
Leeds (A)
Norwich (A)
Villa (A)

6 Tough games, plus most of the other games are against teams fighting to the death against relegation.

:shootself

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unfortunately you could say the same for us:

Reading (H)
Newcastle (H)
Derby (H)
Leeds (A)
Norwich (A)
Villa (A)

6 Tough games, plus most of the rest will be fighting to the death against relegation.

:shootself

Yep very true. Although I'm kind of hoping in an ideal world the Norwich & Villa games will be insignificant... And the top 2 are done and dusted by Thes & at home...

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012

Barnsley a
Wolves a
Toon h
Villa h
Brentford a
Norwich h
Derby a
Fulham h

Norwich lost to burton, wolves bang average, villa in freefall and Barnsley average . That takes 4 tricky games out of the tricky category.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Barnsley have sold their best players since playing Leeds.

2 players isn't it? Possibly 3? Hadnt Winall already gone by then? Either way they're not a bad team. I was banging the Rotherham will be hard game for them drum the other week while others were suggesting a cricket score and that only became 3 points thanks to a last minute goal...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm wondering if Hudds may rest a few players on Saturday, for the upcoming clash against Man City on the Wednesday.

They also play Newcastle THREE days later.

This is the perfect opportunity for them to drop a point or 6.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Norwich lost to burton, wolves bang average, villa in freefall and Barnsley average . That takes 4 tricky games out of the tricky category.

Could highlight one game / result in every side and use that formula... Let's wait and see - it's a very unpredictable league & Hudds aren't as strong away (same as us I know...)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Wolves away they have to reschedule again due to the cup replay. If they beat Man City they will also have to reschedule Brentford away.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a cracking league this is:clap2:
It's goner be so up and down you'll be biting your nails for a couple of months :lolol:

It will go down to the last few games I'm sure and whoever makes the top two will thoroughly deserve it that's for sure....the epic season of 2016/17 never ceases to amaze me :clap2::clap2:

3 real quality sides battling with enormous pressure week after week:clap2:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Don't think Norwich result against Burton means that game won't be tough. They'd been in decent form before that

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here