Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have often contributed to this or similar threads to help others but today I’m as flat as a pancake.

Stupid arguments at home where neither party backs down or sees reason have contributed massively over the last few days [lots of mitigants on both sides] so I know they’ll blow over but as ever that’s just the trigger I didn’t need.

Post Covid has been tough for us all but the loss of two of my most stabilising people [dad and brother in law] has been tremendously hard to take and I haven’t found a way to mourn or replace them yet and it sucks.

Having quite the wobble this evening and the world feels especially dark.
I’m trying to help a loved one through to a booked GP’s appointment. They largely see things as bleak, exploring dark solutions. All I can do is offer TLC and wisdom (which, not their fault, I think goes in one ear and out the other).

Look after yourself. Rationally, there are always things to look forward to.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Have often contributed to this or similar threads to help others but today I’m as flat as a pancake.

Stupid arguments at home where neither party backs down or sees reason have contributed massively over the last few days [lots of mitigants on both sides] so I know they’ll blow over but as ever that’s just the trigger I didn’t need.

Post Covid has been tough for us all but the loss of two of my most stabilising people [dad and brother in law] has been tremendously hard to take and I haven’t found a way to mourn or replace them yet and it sucks.

Having quite the wobble this evening and the world feels especially dark.

Zeberdi has provided some good links, and advice, if there’s nobody close to you that you feel like talking to, sometimes offloading to somebody who knows none of the participants is more helpful than talking to someone who already has opinions on the people involved.

The problem I have when I begin to feel a bit bleak, is that I forget that I’ve ever felt any different. I can only think that my life has always been bleak, and always will be. I know enough now to know that this is my brain lying to me, or at least only allowing me selective memory. I’ve had plenty of good times in life, and I’ve a lot of reasons to feel grateful and thankful.

Like the hurt after we fail to win at Selhurst Park, these feelings will pass. The darkness is temporary, the clouds do clear. (There’s always next season)

Sometimes it’s just a case of prioritising what you need to do to make it through to the other side of whatever’s triggering this, and other things that also seem important have to take a back seat for a bit. We are human, we have limits psychologically and emotionally as well as physically.

Hope you’re ok.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here