Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have OCD, if that counts. Not to the point where I have weird habits like turning the light on and off so many times before leaving the room, but silly things annoy me. For example, if I notice that a drawer is left ajar slightly, I have to get up and close it. I try to ignore it, but genuinely can't relax until it's closed.
I have a friend with OCD who works for the NHS. It takes him at least an hour every night to go through his routine of checks etc before he can go to bed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think i may do, i find it really difficult to leave the house unless it is for work, which there are many things in place to keep me safe, or the football, but only if i have somebody i trust. It6 has stopped me doing many things like learning to drive, which could help me further my life all the way down to just visiting my mother. This has led me to leaving my social circle, with my only real social activity coming on here or playing games online. I also find it very difficult to talk to people face to face, even my own family and that is just making it worse. It's only been recently that i've noticed these problems and thought i should get help, but that means leaving the house or talking to someone over the phone, Has anyone had these issues and gotten over them? if so how? I'm also happy for this to be in the public domain as it could help me and even others.

If you ever want to talk to me mate, two mentalists giving it loads :wink:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that if you post about your mental health problems on a forum like NSC you are going to get some piss taking. Accept it or don't post. Why are you so keen to admit to it on this forum and invite others to do so?
With so many members of course plenty are going to have problems of all varieties and we've had similar discussions here before. People here have always been supportive and I wouldn't expect piss takers to be well received.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nobody has ridiculed it as far as I can see. Th OP did respond aggressively to a post that he took to be taking the mickey though.

I didn't respond aggressively, I responded to someone that took the p!ss out of something they obviously have no idea about. You were correctly responded to by others.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nobody has ridiculed it as far as I can see. Th OP did respond aggressively to a post that he took to be taking the mickey though.

Okay, point taken, but I think the use of your words:
"I think that if you post about your mental health problems on a forum like NSC you are going to get some piss taking"
is probably a tad unecessary :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think i may do, i find it really difficult to leave the house unless it is for work, which there are many things in place to keep me safe, or the football, but only if i have somebody i trust. It6 has stopped me doing many things like learning to drive, which could help me further my life all the way down to just visiting my mother. This has led me to leaving my social circle, with my only real social activity coming on here or playing games online. I also find it very difficult to talk to people face to face, even my own family and that is just making it worse. It's only been recently that i've noticed these problems and thought i should get help, but that means leaving the house or talking to someone over the phone, Has anyone had these issues and gotten over them? if so how? I'm also happy for this to be in the public domain as it could help me and even others.
Good on you for posting, hopefully someone here with some experience can help.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would just like to thank everyone for their replies, and I always knew it wasn't just me. With a bit of luck we'll all get through this. Thank you.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I've had depression for nearly 14 years. I'm on the happy pills, have a wonderful job, my kids love me and generally I am in a good place. It took someone else to tell me I was unwell and they took me to my GP as I had tried to deal with things on my own. It's taken a long time to get back on my feet again, but it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The only reason I brought this up is because I am feeling suicidal :smile:

Oct 25, 2003
on and off depression/anxiety combo for about 10 years. Sometimes one is more prominent than the other, sometimes both are quiet, sometimes they're both there. I think i'm more of an anxious person than a depressed person in general though. Have had several rounds of therapy and have dabbled with meds. I'd say I've had about three *really* low periods which all lasted fairly long periods of time and have led to me having to leave work/be signed off. Otherwise I've had periods where my mental health has been troublesome but I've been able to maintain working and it's just been a case managing it on a day to day basis.

It really is a bitch and can be exhausting at times.

Oct 25, 2003
The only reason I brought this up is because I am feeling suicidal :smile:

I think you should contact someone. I'm not sure where you're based but I know Brighton & Hove have a mental health crisis service (based at mill view). I can't find their number but i'm sure it's available online- otherwise obviously there's the samaritans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here