Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

D

Deleted member 22389

I want to bring this to a public forum, a big one, this is a big forum. Yes I have mental health problems. Can anyone else admit to it?

My dad passed away in 2004. Towards the end he had bi-polar disorder and at one time was sectioned under the mental health act. In the end it bought me down too, and I was given happy pills. I'm OK now, I suffered from depression in about 2006. Let me tell you, I don't ever want to feel this way again.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I have had. I also know a lot of people who have, and some get help some don't. Diagnosed people are probably far outweighed by those who never receive treatment, or are even recognised as vulnerable. Mental health is not being dealt with at a national, educational and parental level, leaving those affected marginalised and feeling unwanted/abandoned. While disabled people are portrayed as a drain on social welfare it is no surprise that the mental health of UK citizens fall behind the welfare of small furry animals.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I pretty much gear my whole lifestyle around staving off depression . It's blighted long periods in my life. I do not want to take anti depressants though

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
What sort of mental problems do you have? One person having big issues, is another having a bad day at the office.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What sort of mental problems do you have? One person having big issues, is another having a bad day at the office.

Dan, this is why we say nothing, for just this reason. It isn't a direct go at you mate.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I want to bring this to a public forum, a big one, this is a big forum. Yes I have mental health problems. Can anyone else admit to it?

I have a family member who has border line MH issues.
Have had help over the years with pills and therapist etc..
That has all but diminished now, all they seem to do is stay in bed.
Driving the family mad (no pun intended) in trying to get them to help themselves, which is an up hill battle.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Driving the family mad (no pun intended) in trying to get them to help themselves, which is an up hill battle.

Mate, we seriously don't mean to be a burden. I have never been a burden.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

While you should always be there for them, ultimatly, it is up to them to get the help they need.

Staying in bed is where they are. First step should be a reason to get out of bed. Breakfast or a shower. Just being able to start to look after ones self is a good step and good for the mind. All the best.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mate, we seriously don't mean to be a burden. I have never been a burden.

There certainly was no accusation of anyone with MH issues being a burden.
My point was that the family member has had help, decided not to pursue the help, leaving the rest of the family with the worry of what to do next :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I want to bring this to a public forum, a big one, this is a big forum. Yes I have mental health problems.
Is it something you want to share further, or is there anything people here can do to help? There's obviously a huge spectrum of health problems we humans can suffer from.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is it something you want to share further, or is there anything people here can do to help? There's obviously a huge spectrum of health problems we humans can suffer from.

Always loved your posts mate, carry on, I'd not enjoy NSC without you. I'm a very stubborn person, I will not admit, although I did to MH. I'll still be at the Amex on Saturday :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here