Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It's been about 4 months since I posted I think. My husband has been off work for about 4 months now, his work have been brilliant. Between him and his doctor they've found the right pill and dosage to really make a difference in helping him deal with his depression and anxiety. After a very bumpy start the last month has been astonishing! He's right back to the bloke I met 9 years ago, I actually smiled and cried the other week it's been so good. Now neither of us are daft enough to know that's it, he still has bad days, but I just say to him accept it. If you want to stay in bed stay bed, if you fancy getting out of bed then get out of bed. If you fancy a shower or just cleaning your teeth then do so, but if you don't don't :). These days are getting fewer and fewer now, but I'm not being caught off guard when they do happen. His talk therapy has finally started and this is the one thing I've been waiting for. I reckon this is the long term solution to his depression, there's a lot of history to go through, so some rough times ahead maybe? I don't mind, it's another step on a long journey.

One thing I will say is that this thread was a life line for me, not having to suffer I silence. Much love to everyone out there.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It's been about 4 months since I posted I think. My husband has been off work for about 4 months now, his work have been brilliant. Between him and his doctor they've found the right pill and dosage to really make a difference in helping him deal with his depression and anxiety. After a very bumpy start the last month has been astonishing! He's right back to the bloke I met 9 years ago, I actually smiled and cried the other week it's been so good. Now neither of us are daft enough to know that's it, he still has bad days, but I just say to him accept it. If you want to stay in bed stay bed, if you fancy getting out of bed then get out of bed. If you fancy a shower or just cleaning your teeth then do so, but if you don't don't :). These days are getting fewer and fewer now, but I'm not being caught off guard when they do happen. His talk therapy has finally started and this is the one thing I've been waiting for. I reckon this is the long term solution to his depression, there's a lot of history to go through, so some rough times ahead maybe? I don't mind, it's another step on a long journey.

One thing I will say is that this thread was a life line for me, not having to suffer I silence. Much love to everyone out there.

I am so pleased to read your post :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Really great to hear. Best wishes to you both....

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Posts like this are so valuable so thank you for sharing. I don't have anywhere near this sort of thing to deal with myself but just being more aware, enables an empathy with sufferers that the likes of myself probably would struggle to otherwise understand.

Glad to hear that things have improved a little and best wishes to you both for the future. You have likely not met most of us on here but trust me, you have a lot of people in your corner wishing you well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I often wonder, and I mean this genuinely, whether I suffer from a lack of empathy. Does that count?

You deserve a response.

All aspects of our disposition sit on spectrums. From very touchy-feely to barely aware of others is a spectrum. I prefer disposition to 'health' as a descriptor. Some dispositions will, of course, lead to a 'health' label, if you happen to be across a rubicon, and a danger to yourself or others.

But anyway, with your lack of empathy you probably stopped reading after the first sentence. :wink:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Apologies, I am not so used to anyone responding to my posts these days so missed it.
I have a few major things hanging over me which are pretty much out of my control but the one thing I was able to do was change my job. I am on much lower pay now but without the stress levels. This has at least helped in as much as I don't dread the journey into work any more or start spoiling my weekend from Friday evening because I am dreading the new week. This doesn't take away all the other issues but definitely has made life a little more bearable.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Apologies, I am not so used to anyone responding to my posts these days so missed it.
I have a few major things hanging over me which are pretty much out of my control but the one thing I was able to do was change my job. I am on much lower pay now but without the stress levels. This has at least helped in as much as I don't dread the journey into work any more or start spoiling my weekend from Friday evening because I am dreading the new week. This doesn't take away all the other issues but definitely has made life a little more bearable.

I was wondering about you so thanks for the update, that's great, a move forward
(sorry to sound like an agony aunt)

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I was wondering about you so thanks for the update, that's great, a move forward
(sorry to sound like an agony aunt)

No apologies needed, yours is one of several valuable contributions. I don't like to put my head above the parapet on here so much these days as I fear I have some people watching my movements but felt the need to add to this thread.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
You deserve a response.

All aspects of our disposition sit on spectrums. From very touchy-feely to barely aware of others is a spectrum. I prefer disposition to 'health' as a descriptor. Some dispositions will, of course, lead to a 'health' label, if you happen to be across a rubicon, and a danger to yourself or others.

But anyway, with your lack of empathy you probably stopped reading after the first sentence. :wink:

Haha, I'm interested in things, I just find I lack empathy with others' feelings and emotions. For example, I don't remember the last time I cried. Yet everyone I ever seem to meet seems the exact opposite - they're over emotional about EVERYTHING. They see all the stuff in Manchester and London, and even the stuff this morning, and they all get emotional about it, even though they don't know these people. I have none of that. Maybe I've just learned to block bad things out - my parents' always had a "get on with life" attitude - but I do worry sometimes that my lack of empathy towards others is an actual health issue.

Don't worry, I've never had any illegal intentions nor been a danger to myself or anyone else.

It's interesting to ponder anyway.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Haven't been on NSC for a few months after two of the most stressful things ever in my life happened. I lost the girl I loved most in the entire world, who fell into a diabetic coma and passed away at the end of April. I'm still grieving over her and probably always will. If that wasn't bad enough I've had a court case looming for most of the year which I was cleared of for all the charges (involving no one getting hurt at all I must add) at the end of last week. The relief of that is enormous although I had a nervous breakdown in June with what has been the most challenging year of my life. All this when Brighton reached the Premier League and all the excitement! I'm still worried about post-traumatic-stress with the two awful things.

But it's time to move on and enjoy being part of this brilliant forum for a very exciting season. Thank you for reading.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Haven't been on NSC for a few months after two of the most stressful things ever in my life happened. I lost the girl I loved most in the entire world, who fell into a diabetic coma and passed away at the end of April. I'm still grieving over her and probably always will. If that wasn't bad enough I've had a court case looming for most of the year which I was cleared of for all the charges (involving no one getting hurt at all I must add) at the end of last week. The relief of that is enormous although I had a nervous breakdown in June with what has been the most challenging year of my life. All this when Brighton reached the Premier League and all the excitement! I'm still worried about post-traumatic-stress with the two awful things.

But it's time to move on and enjoy being part of this brilliant forum for a very exciting season. Thank you for reading.

I wish you all the best moving forwards Durlston.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Thanks for sharing [MENTION=14168]Durlston[/MENTION] it's usually positive to vent and hope you're well on the mend.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Good to hear from you. Hope things start looking up for you

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Day at a time and all that ...hoping you have/build a good support network.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here