Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone have mental health problems?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hey

Given that you're evidently online, have a look at http://www.mind.org.uk, which has links to all sorts of information and support. Plus reading through it hopefully gives you a bit of focus on something other than what's getting you down at the moment.

In Canada, the generally accepted stat is that one person in five either has a mental health issue themselves or is affected by a close family member with a mental health issue.

One in four will suffer some kind of mental illness:( It can be very quick to have a breakdown,saw a friend who was having what i thought was just a panic attack,thought i had said all the right things and settled him down,the next time i saw him was after i knocked his bathroom door in to find him dead. Now i probably over compensate with any mates/family looking under pressure but fussing won't do any harm. People need people and even nsc at times like this,keep up the good work people:thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hey

Given that you're evidently online, have a look at http://www.mind.org.uk, which has links to all sorts of information and support. Plus reading through it hopefully gives you a bit of focus on something other than what's getting you down at the moment.

Thanks me darling, I am phoning somebody now, I am heading towards breakdown and it ain't nice.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One in four will suffer some kind of mental illness:( It can be very quick to have a breakdown,saw a friend who was having what i thought was just a panic attack,thought i had said all the right things and settled him down,the next time i saw him was after i knocked his bathroom door in to find him dead. Now i probably over compensate with any mates/family looking under pressure but fussing won't do any harm. People need people and even nsc at times like this,keep up the good work people:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wasn't stigmattising it and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I was questioning why choose NSC to share it and ask others if they also have similar issues. It seems a strange place to do so. Why not a forum dedicated to mental health rather than a football forum?
If you specifically go to such a forum you would (I'd hope) get some expert advice, but there's something this forum can give that another might not - here you can find that there are many others among your peers that also deal with MH issues. You're also more likely to meet for a beer with people who share a common interest.

You're North Stand?
ESU - are you in the north?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Firstly, there is nothing to 'admit' to. Struggling with your mental health is not a transgression, there is no court to issue a plea to- except, perhaps, the one that exists in our own mind.

So the issue here is judgement.

Few folk, even the very small number of ignorant folk that frequent this and other forums, will pass judgement. You are judging yourself. You have decided that somehow having these difficulties makes you inadequate. Of course, for the most part, you can see this. And that is why most of the time you are probably okay. Today you are not. But today will pass and so will the feelings.

It's unwise to give you reasons to be happy or sad. They are merely external factors. An Albion victory, or defeat. A new job or a new partner. It is foolish to place hope in such things. The only thing that always stays is you. And the only person you have to think about looking after is you and your expectations of what that means. All else springs from this.

During my darkest hours I looked at the things that were under my command. My immediate environment was the first I looked at. Did it reflect my mood or my character. It needed to reflect the latter. Was I looking after myself ? So much was self fulfilling.

Don't wait for the next Albion win to lift you. Don't wait for the next pay rise or potential partner. These things come and go. Do look at yourself as a potentially vulnerable person who needs attention and respect. Think how magical existence is. Think how fortunate you are to be a part of it.

Sanctimonious crap ? Not bothered if some levy such accusations. Such realisations made my outlook so much wider. It's taking joy in the smallest of mercies that keeps us humble and clearer of mind.

Take care.
Looks like good advice to my untrained mind.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If you specifically go to such a forum you would (I'd hope) get some expert advice, but there's something this forum can give that another might not - here you can find that there are many others among your peers that also deal with MH issues. You're also more likely to meet for a beer with people who share a common interest.

ESU - are you in the north?

WSU, we'll have a beer in the East Lower?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thanks me darling, I am phoning somebody now, I am heading towards breakdown and it ain't nice.

No, it's not. To be honest, the fact that you're still on here and evidently have been all afternoon suggests to me that you would like to to find help somehow or other, even if perhaps you didn't know that yourself when you started this thread. That's a good thing :thumbsup:

Let us know how it goes, if you're happy to do that of course.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
MIND offices are closed so you only have a breakdown between 9 and 5,30

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
MIND offices are closed so you only have a breakdown between 9 and 5,30

How old are you, if you don't mind my asking? Hopeline UK provide advice specifically for those under 35, that's open until 10pm. If not, the Samaritans are there 24 hours a day. It might help to talk to them. Don't feel stigmatised by the idea of calling them. They're smashing people.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Im posting this link because the guy who created the model a Dr Peters, worked on refining it through 20 years working in mental health. Helping others gain more control over their thought processes which might have been causing them some real pain and hardships.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here