Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your answer to the world population growth?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In about 10 years anti-biotics will be largely obsolete, that should kill off a few hundred million.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Allow everyone that wants to live in the UK to come here . There is plenty of land that has not been built on . Make the rich pay .

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Very, very interesting and instructive. Don't bother answering until you've watched this.

If you like Han's stuff, and I am a big fan, Yuval is a really detailed version, he looks at future history based on the recent develoment of humankinds reduction of war, illness and plauges that were all consuming to our predesesors, he examines future technologys and talks about what humans will become. Recomend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1IqcFnJzSQ

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
IMG_0080.JPG

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Despite popular ignorance, particularly prevalent and conveyed in the movie/tv industry, population will plateau as the video posted clearly explains.

The question is can the world sustain the precipice (10-11BN) without destroying our planet.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
As countries get richer the growth rate slows, the answer is higher global growth....somehow.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I was speaking about this with a couple of friends the other day and we've not got just the problem of over population but also that more and more jobs will be taken over by machines/robots. So we will have over population and not enough jobs to go around .
I watched the film that the OP was talking about and it really raises questions as to whether there is a lobby not to find cures for diseases such as malaria or cancer, for example

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
In 1984 when Band Aid was put on to feed the starving of Ethiopia there population was just under 40 million it is now over 100 million.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was speaking about this with a couple of friends the other day and we've not got just the problem of over population but also that more and more jobs will be taken over by machines/robots. So we will have over population and not enough jobs to go around .
I watched the film that the OP was talking about and it really raises questions as to whether there is a lobby not to find cures for diseases such as malaria or cancer, for example

You should really watch the lecture in the second comment then if you think that is a good idea.

Yea **** it, let em all die horribly, or carry on spending billions sustaining them through their suffering as we do now. Ridiculous argument. Perhaps we could replace the decreasingly utilised phone boxes with incineration chambers. If you ever get that unthinkable diagnosis you can go and do the world a favour and get rid of yourself.

To suggest curbing medicinal advancements to curb population growth is an utterly soul destroying thought and backwards thinking. People watching way too much shit from hollywood to find their answers.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
China had a policy of only allowing 1 child for a married couple for a long period of time. Not sure if that's been changed recently.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
China had a policy of only allowing 1 child for a married couple for a long period of time. Not sure if that's been changed recently.

Changed slightly, you can have I think, three attempts to have a boy if you only have girls. Then you must stop. Obviously they value males over females. Western males living in China can breed as much as they like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here