Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best burger in Brighton

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Shame as the garden in the Northern Tavern was a good venue.
Good to know though. Will have to pay them a visit :thumbsup:

They also have the little cafe by it for a bit which they're running as a "Hash House", serving hashes, waffles and some other stuff. They've said it's popup though and they don't know how long they have the space for.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
A vote for the Smoque Grill on Islingword Road.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Served on a plate and eaten with a knife and fork!

They weren't bad really - or is that just a cloudy memory of the original fast food restaurant. I used to tuck into a burger and chips in a place in Western Road near where Waitrose is today. It was always packed after a beery night out in the Seventies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Does anyone remember when the only hamburger you could buy in this country, came from Wimpy?

Yes, good memories of getting treated to burger, chips and an ice cream sundae in the York Place Wimpy near St Peter's Church.
There is still a Wimpy on the A259 at Telscombe Cliffs, I have driven past hundreds of times but never been in.
The last time I went in a Wimpy was about 12 years ago in Swanage, food tasted horrible.

Oct 25, 2003
I feel a bit sorry for Grubbs. They were single handedly holding the burger scene in Brighton together for absolutely ages but they've been overtaken by many places now. They have great toppings but their actual burgers aren't that nice really. I still have one from time to time as it's a bit of a comfort for me but there are many better places in Brighton.

Burger Brothers and Trolls are the undoubted top 2 for me. Burger Off is always an enjoyable experience for a 'back to basics' feel and the guys who run it are clearly passionate about what they do- however the last burger I had there was a tad dry.

I made the (hard) decision in January to give up beef for environmental reasons so burgers are a write off for me- I'm relying on chicken burgers for my FIX these days

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Does anyone remember when the only hamburger you could buy in this country, came from Wimpy?

Never mind all this gourmet burger b0llocks, if you can't follow it up with a Banana Longboat or a Knickerbockerglory, then it ain't worth 'aving. I quite fancy a Bender as it happens.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Never mind all this gourmet burger b0llocks, if you can't follow it up with a Banana Longboat or a Knickerbockerglory, then it ain't worth 'aving. I quite fancy a Bender as it happens.

Not how i remember it

Bj1wSkiIgAA1u8b.jpg

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Not a massive fan of Burger Bros to be honest. Tried twice, one was too dry, the other too soggy.

I quite like Smokeys on the seafront as it goes..

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I had a breakfast in the Wimpy in Worthing last summer. I'm not proud but it had been a lasts night before and I just went to first place I saw before going on site. My goodness, how standards have improved and overtaken the humble Wimpy.
Franchises and the young chap that ran it was awful. Like an Apprentice contestant. Shiny suit, cocky and frankly surprised to see a customer.
Had a "fry up", not a burger. Tea was in a tiny cup and was lukewarm, toast cold and hard, food all room temperature, bland and crap. I imagine the burger situation is just as dire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here