Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sutton

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's always nice in that January- February, early FA Cup period, when The Sun get to pretend for a couple of days that they give a flying crap about lower league or non league teams, after spending the other ten months printing ceaseless tedium about Rooney, Kane, Wenger or Mourinho.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So a betting company offers odds on whether this guy will eat a pie whilst on tv during the match or not and that surely means that the said player is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. After all, punters could / would have bet on both potential outcomes meaning whatever he did, he would have influenced the outcome of the bet

Surely these sorts of bets being offered in the first place should be the thing that has come under scrutiny and not a player put in a difficult position as the result of this interest from the betting company.

He may not have made any money himself out of it, but it has cost him his job and damaged the reputation of the non league club (+ why did the TV company show it anyway? surely they too might have known that this bet existed and helped to make it happen) and all because the betting companies think they are 'fun' bets

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, but that's because you're a narrow minded bigot.

And the pie eater resigns. Read the news in case you missed it.

Thanks for judging me. You eloquently confirm that I'm right. The Sun: shite house. But don't let me distract you from your page 3 girl :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not sure why it's taken so long, but the 'keeper has been fined £375 and banned for two months for breaching FA betting rules.

"We are told we are not allowed to gamble as it is full-time professional football," Shaw told BBC Radio 4's World at One programme.

"In no way did I put anyone in jeopardy of that - this is not the case here, this is just a bit of fun and me being hungry."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41181979

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just read some of the earlier posts. What was all the vituperation about I wonder? Actually....no.... I don't. :facepalm::lolol:

Separately...a small fine and a 2 month ban is.... weird. Unless he was paid less than £187.5 a month it seems that the ban is disproportionate to the fine.

A less well informed person than myself might be tempted to think the FA may not know what they are doing....:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here