Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficial: Newcastle v Villa

Jan 22, 2017
We were awful first half, worst we have played by a mile. Our goal killed Villa though and we controlled the game after that whilst not looking great, we didn't really get out of second gear though. Hayden and Gayle are a huge miss.

As for Villa, they're awful.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Looks like Holloway maybe proved right when he said at the start of the season Villa could go down.

Got a feeling he predicted they'd finish 17th - and got dogs abuse from the font of all football knowledge that is Dr Xi. And where are they currently? That's right, 17th. Yet another clueless foreign owner!

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Where did Villa get that blonde guy (Bjarnasonn?) from?

I think he is quite possibly the worst player I have ever seen in the Championship.
If I was doing player ratings for Villa I would have to give him a 0.
He was absolutely pigging awful.
(Kodija would only get a 1, he wasn't much better.)

The Swiss league, signed on back of a good Euros. That's why clubs shouldn't sign players off the back of good performances in major tournaments (Fulham's R Sigurdsson springs to mind too, not pulling up any trees)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We were awful first half, worst we have played by a mile.

Didn't think you were much better vs Wolves recently, a better side would've beaten you that day also.

As a BHA fan I'd far far rather Duffy and Dunk were up against Mitrovic than Gayle, so can't pretend not to be pleased about that one. Shelvey is always a worry though, on the odd occasion when he's not trying to kick people in the face his set pieces are frankly terrifying in quality.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
We were awful first half, worst we have played by a mile. Our goal killed Villa though and we controlled the game after that whilst not looking great, we didn't really get out of second gear though. Hayden and Gayle are a huge miss.

As for Villa, they're awful.
Be a real test of your squad, I get the feeling the only irreplaceable player is Shelvey, as good as Gayle is at this level you have an abundance of attacking talent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2017
See I think without Gayle we lack pace really, especially when Gouffran is on the pitch. Our left hand side is shocking as Dummett is bang average and Gouffran offers very little. Would definitely have Atsu on over him any day. Have to agree about Shelvey, without him we were shocking and would be lower play off places at best.

As for the Wolves game I totally agree we were terrible. I think it's probably down to the fact we just sat back and never committed men forward due to the way they counter attacked us in September up here. Results have been decent recently QPR aside, we have only really played well first half against Derby and against Norwich though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here