Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Objective Analysis Of Football Chants

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I suggest we very rarely have forgotten the opposing team's fans are 'ere'. Quite often failed to hear them, and sometimes they're barely visible from our end, but generally I remember they're vaguely around, especially the fat one with his shirt off.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Kazenga LuaLua delighted many fans many times but I never saw anyone bow down to him and I think an exocet would probably beat him over 100 yards.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've met Posh Spice and she's really nice.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's categorically true that, in the last 12 months, no team has been "worse than Crystal Palace".

PG

Though patently UNTRUE that any given referee has been "worse than Mike Dean".

Also, looking at the current form of- for example- Aston Villa: they are unquestionably so shit, that there's nothing unbelievable about it at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton+Hove+Albion+v+Derby+County+Sky+Bet+wrF5h6qAEcol.jpg

His first name is in fact Jose, not Leonardo.

Secondly: 50 appearances, 23 goals.

Patently NOT a goal a game.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
As the dimensions of the goals are set by the FA, I find it strange that some people offer to increase the height or width of them to opposition players during a match.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
When the ball hits the goal, it's not Shearer or Cole....

Statistically it's much more likely to be them than Robert Lester Zamora.

Also, I have never seen William Grigg be set alight or combust.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
On the other hand, pointing at the seagulls that fly around the Amex mid-match and chanting 'Seagull, seagull' is factually correct and possibly even informative to some people

Unfortunately, I do believe that there is no such species as a Seagull so this isn't factually correct and definitely not informative, in fact it's downright misleading. There are many different types of Gulls, but none are called Seagulls.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The Muppet Show is a family-oriented comedy-variety television series that was produced by puppeteer Jim Henson, it lasted for five series consisting of 120 episodes which were first broadcast in Britain between 1976 and 1981 on ATV and syndicated to the remaining ITV franchises around the United Kingdom - 45 of these were repeated on the BBC in 1986 and 1987 It was set in The Muppet Theatre, a grand old vaudeville house that had seen better days, and filmed at the ATV studios in Elstree.

There is no actual evidence that it has ever been filmed at, or shown on the big screens at Selhurst Park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here