Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Objective Analysis Of Football Chants

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair enough, we're all guilty of chanting nonsensical bolleaux at matches from time to time, or indeed constantly, but how often do we sit down and analyse exactly WHY a particular chant is bolleaux?

To give an Albion Withdean-era example:

CHANT: "He wears a magic hat"

ANALYSIS: There is no documented evidence of Russell Slade ever having owned, or been in possession of, an item of headgear displaying magical properties. FACT.

Please feel free to add your own examples BELOW.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
None of us want Sidwell to shag our wives and none of us want ginger hair.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Never felt more like singing the blues.....surely you sing the blues when your woman has left you or the dog has died, not on a joyous occasion like when we win and palace lose......makes no sense to me that one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My old man said 'Be a Palace fan', he patently did not do this nor would I have ever replied with 'Fxxk off, boxxocks, you're a cxxt!', purely on a self preservation agenda.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.(which we're not, but we like to think we are)

Indeed. There's a clear case to be made for the European Cup winning Real Madrid team of 1959/60 featuring the legendary Alfredo Di Stéfano, who netted a hat-trick v Eintracht Frankfurt in the final at Hampden Park in front of a crowd of over 127,000 people.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
None of us want Sidwell to shag our wives and none of us want ginger hair.

To be fair though, recent polls show that 8/10 married STH in the North Stand who expressed a preference WOULD be in favour of that particular extra-marital relationship. In favour of ginger hair? Not so much.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
"Oh we're going up and we'll win the cup for Sussex by the sea" - I know they aren't the correct words, but are the ones most sung!

Which cup are we going to win, was it the Sussex Royal Ulster Rifles Charity Cup - which we won in both 1959/60 and 1960/61?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would a professional referee SERIOUSLY jeopardise his standing and reputation in the game, and risk public vilification and even possible imprisonment, for the sake of an illegally-wagered ten pounds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here