Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Objective Analysis Of Football Chants

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Mark McCammon lead the front line for the mighty Seagulls during some of the difficult Withdean years.

But despite seeing him play many times, I never him saw him take the field with small 4 inch wheels instead of feet.

He did however have a similar sense of direction to a supermarket trolley.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Going up to win The Cup for Sussex By The Sea?

Bit of a slap in the face for the Albion inland and overseas community, I'd suggest.

I think it's phrased like that to exclude Crawley.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
With music acting as the soundtrack for all of our lives, football supporters probably enjoy singing regardless of any particular scoreline.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Birmingham is not in fact, as I heard claimed on one of our trips there, "a small town in Villa".

For a start the geographical part of the club name referenced in said chant is the "Aston" bit, not the "Villa" bit, and for a second it would in fact be truer to say that Aston is a small town in/a suburb of Birmingham.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
My heart doesn't go "wo Wo Wo Wo" even though I know my history

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Ain't had a fight since I don't know when' would be a more accurate reflection of one's historical pugilism in the case of most of those extolling the virtues of bow-legged hens, etc., I'll wager.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Birmingham is not in fact, as I heard claimed on one of our trips there, "a small town in Villa".

For a start the geographical part of the club name referenced in said chant is the "Aston" bit, not the "Villa" bit, and for a second it would in fact be truer to say that Aston is a small town in/a suburb of Birmingham.

I was going to mention that one.

Has to be one of the most embarrassing of all. I think their have been a few other glaring geographical guffs.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It is untrue that any member of the opposition ate all the pies. I distinctly remember buying one.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I'm fairly certain that Molly Malone doesn't wander the streets ( broad and narrow) of Dublin clapping and chanting " Brighton"!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm fairly certain that Molly Malone doesn't wander the streets ( broad and narrow) of Dublin clapping and chanting " Brighton"!

i once saw a woman wheeling her wheel barrow through streets broad and narrow chanting Brighton but don't think it was Molly.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's loose theology at best involving the remote possibility of Jesus saying 'We Hate Palace' at all, let alone as a newly-born baby.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Bobby Moore
superstar
walks like a woman
and he wears a bra

I don't recall him walking like that

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There's loose theology at best involving the remote possibility of Jesus saying 'We Hate Palace' at all, let alone as a newly-born baby.

It's conjecture but I think Jesus would have hated Hapoel Tel Aviv rather than Palace.

I'd like to add that whilst the Amex is not the liveliest of stadiums it is significantly more noisier than any library I've been in. Also, since I've bought a kindle I have no need for the library anyway.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here