Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC X: The FINAL - Grasshopper Mouse Vs Honey Badger

Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Poisonous or venomous? The scorpion venom doesn't even seem to be harmful to the mouse, so it's not that the mouse is being daring and mental, the scorpion just isn't much of a threat to it. Whereas the lions are (obviously) a serious threat to the badger.

Sorry - the centipedes and tarantulas are venomous to the GM. As are the snakes that it kills and eats.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, size of competitor isn't the defining factor for me, but how deadly the situation could be. For me, in comparative terms, the GM is in a more dangerous situation against a more formidable opponent (in pound for pound terms).

And then the added bonus of winning, in a brutal way, and then displaying the headmental behaviour of howling in celebration.

I do admire the GM, he's my second favorite beast so wouldn't mind seeing him win this contest, for all the reasons you highlight. I personally just think the Badger is harder though :)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
One thing that I think is being over looked is that the GM actively hunts, kills and eats the various poisonous scorpions and centipedes. As he does with the other GM that intrude on his land. Leave a few in a cage and when you come back only one will be left. Whereas the HB usually only takes on the bigger beasts when he's backed into a corner. Snakes, on the other hand, he does go for for dinner.

I'm torn, which is as it should be in the final.

Worth remembering that GM also kills and eats snakes (albeit smaller ones, but pound for pound and all that)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
One thing that I think is being over looked is that the GM actively hunts, kills and eats the various poisonous scorpions.

As does the Desert Long Eared Bat. In fact, the 'DLEB' gets stung on the head by the deadly scorpion (are the GHM's victims even deadly?) several times, every night but still continues to hunt them.

The DLEP did not even make it out of the group stages.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Good god. Knew this would happen. It's turned in to a farce. Such a shame. I'm gutted I am away for the Reading and Newcastle games but at least I won't have to watch a bloody badger get crowned as the WHC.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Being able to take on a pride of 6 Lions by itself, scaring off Hippo's, Rucking with Leopards, Hyenas and the like, all of which should easily be capable of taking it down. I just don't think the Mouse can quite compete at the same level.

I just wish all second accounts, both for and against the Badger, would kindly abstain so we can actually have a fair contest worthy of the final?

One badger saw off some Lions thus creating a myth that doesn't stand up to any real scrutiny. Mostly they just get killed and eaten.

Leopard kills one.

YOUNG LIONS kill one

Lioness kills one.

Another lioness kills one.

They literally just eat them like candy.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
One badger saw off some Lions thus creating a myth that doesn't stand up to any real scrutiny. Mostly they just get killed and eaten.

Leopard kills one.

YOUNG LIONS kill one

Lioness kills one.

Another lioness kills one.

They literally just eat them like candy.

Not all animals are the same as each other. Look at humans. Some are murderous scum, some are really nice and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Some Honey Badger's get killed easily, some don't give a f**k.

Yoda

English & European

I debunked that video in the last round too.

That video is the equivalent of an angry midget (think Peter Dinklage in Elf) being picked on by a group of still wet behind the ears, face covered in bumfluff teenagers.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some Honey Badger's get killed easily, some don't give a f**k.

I'm gonna say they do give a **** and that their "toughness" is nothing more than a fight or flight reaction. They can't outrun a large cat so they rely on false bravado or fighting for its life when confronted. If the cat is hungry enough however, the badger is dead.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'm gonna say they do give a **** and that their "toughness" is nothing more than a fight or flight reaction. They can't outrun a large cat so they rely on false bravado or fighting for its life when confronted. If the cat is hungry enough however, the badger is dead.

And what do you admire about the Mouse? I think we've established you're not a badger fan...

Another anti-badger vote. It's a shame there are so many posters like this because the GM is hard enough to actually take the honey badger on without all the additional freebie votes.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And what do you admire about the Mouse? I think we've established you're not a badger fan...

I'm a fan of those creatures that will attack and can take out the apex predator that is man with no other reason for doing so other than they are naturally not driven by fear, but driven by agro and self confidence.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'm a fan of those creatures that will attack and can take out the apex predator that is man with no other reason for doing so other than they are naturally not driven by fear, but driven by agro and self confidence.

There are other examples of Honey Badgers taking out Cobra's, Monitor Lizards etc., which could be deemed equally as impressive as a GM taking on a centipede.

Also I don't believe the centipede would class as an Apex predator!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There are other examples of Honey Badgers taking out Cobra's, Monitor Lizards etc., which could be deemed equally as impressive as a GM taking on a centipede.

Damn straight. There are examples of HBs CASTRATING Lions, Buffalo and Humans. Just because they want to.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

meh. Wedge Tail Eagles catch monitors and snakes far deadlier than a cobra. So the HB is less impressive even in that department.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here