Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Great night brought tears from laughter and memory's Brass band for Sussex By The Sea get them into the north stand.
    THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      What a fantastic she that was.
      So many familiar faces and on stage.
      Garry Richardson shot up in my estimation
      Peter Brackley was superb
      The explayers were excellent
      How on earth was Sully so young?
      Those who missed it..... so sorry you missed an epic night.
      Too many highlights to list.
      A, Had to be there evening. ��
      I have not forgiven Lewes Council, or DeVeggie, or Archer, or Bellotti, or Stanley, or Hughton, or Bailey, or Whiteside, or Challis, or Saints and Spurs for that 0-0 in 1978.
      I don't get over things and I don't move on easily. OK
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Congratulations to all those involved in organizing such a great evening.

0 Not allowed!
      As others have said it was a brilliant night of laughter and memories. Glad I was there.
      For Those About To Rock....... We Salute You
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      What a brilliant night.

Well done to Guy Butters and everyone involved in putting this on. Hopefully lots of money raised for AITC
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
      The best is yet to come The Sock of Poskett's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      A real cracker of a show, and an entirely unique night. Gags aplenty from Peter Brackley, loads of nostalgic footage from years back, and a string of players from goalkeeper Eric Gill (played in first match Dick Knight was taken to in 1946!) and Steve Burtenshaw, right through the stars of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s - Brian Powney, Sully, Norman Gall, Templeman, Rollings, Ryan, Maybank, Nobby Horton, Chris Ramsay, Fozzie, Gordon Smith, Peter Ward (in a wig), Nelson, Byrne, Kerry Mayo, Robbie Reinelt, George Parris - and a cameo at the end from Bobby Z. Plus managers Mullery and Steve Gritt.
      Storming night, great celebration of the Goldstone and a total one-off. Priceless.
      "But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."

Feegle tactics (Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men)
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Sock of Poskett View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A real cracker of a show, and an entirely unique night. Gags aplenty from Peter Brackley, loads of nostalgic footage from years back, and a string of players from goalkeeper Eric Gill (played in first match Dick Knight was taken to in 1946!) and Steve Burtenshaw, right through the stars of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s - Brian Powney, Sully, Norman Gall, Templeman, Rollings, Ryan, Maybank, Nobby Horton, Chris Ramsay, Fozzie, Gordon Smith, Peter Ward (in a wig), Nelson, Byrne, Kerry Mayo, Robbie Reinelt, George Parris - and a cameo at the end from Bobby Z. Plus managers Mullery and Steve Gritt.
      Storming night, great celebration of the Goldstone and a total one-off. Priceless.
      Don't forget the Barns bit on our football genius.
      THOSE IN GLASS PALACES SHOULD NOT THROW BRICKS

0 Not allowed!
      On a side note ,did they call the raffle as had some tickets but was probably waiting in line for bog when it was called at half time ?
      worshipping Omiros

1 Not allowed!
      Very bizzare evening.

Never been to one of those tribute nights before, but it was really good seeing the players you remember so well, but as you get older you assume everyone else stands still...spider mellor has turned into my grandad..lol.

Some very good comedy from peter brackley and gary Richardson and although some players got one liners, it was really great to see Gordon smith and him get the ovation that he deserved for such a great player...some HTFC fan called out that we all remember his first goal in the cup final which he seemed to be chuffed and he got a great clap.

Good to see some old friends that it has been too long since saying hello and being in a place full of like minded people.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      As others have said, a great night with nearly all my old heroes.

Great to see Sully looking so well and seriously impressed with how sprightly John Templeman was (he and Powney played in the first game I went to in 1970).
      Involved in Scouting?
      Take part in the Sussex Downsman Hike - 1 October 2016
      http://www.downsman.com