Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Difficult to believe how many Brighton fans went to Barnsley

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
That’s a good analysis JCFG.

It would be interesting to see where we would have sat in the away attendance percentage table during the Withdean era. Assuming that we then averaged 800 -1,000 away fans on average home gates of 6,500 then that would have put us in the 12%-15% bracket, i.e. in the top-third of that table.

Other clubs' fans who comment on the level of our away support with no knowledge of our history or fan base should first do their homework. The attached link shows how far we’ve come in terms of support during the Amex years.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

Given the exponential increase in home support during the Amex era it is a perfectly reasonable to expect that it’ll take a while for that enthusiasm to feed through into increased levels of away support.
That’s quite apart from the geography/transport issues of having to circumnavigate or travel through London for the vast majority of our away games. Even so, if (when) we go up demand for away tickets will surge, as I'm sure we'll all want to saviour as many away days as possible in the Premier League.

And who cares anyway; I love the Albion's passionate, vocal and intimate away support and seeing the same faces week-in-week-out cheering us on. I hope we never lose that sense of belonging at Brighton.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You only have to ask yourself, who sells out their allocation down here? This will be the longest trip for most!

Very few..... If we had 6 or 7 local derbies like the teams in the Midlands and Yorkshire do, we would be selling out most weeks!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That’s a good analysis JCFG.

It would be interesting to see where we would have sat in the away attendance percentage table during the Withdean era. Assuming that we then averaged 800 -1,000 away fans on average home gates of 6,500 then that would have put us in the 12%-15% bracket, i.e. in the top-third of that table.

Other clubs' fans who comment on the level of our away support with no knowledge of our history or fan base should first do their homework. The attached link shows how far we’ve come in terms of support during the Amex years.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/bha.htm

Given the exponential increase in home support during the Amex era it is a perfectly reasonable to expect that it’ll take a while for that enthusiasm to feed through into increased levels of away support.
That’s quite apart from the geography/transport issues of having to circumnavigate or travel through London for the vast majority of our away games. Even so, if (when) we go up demand for away tickets will surge, as I'm sure we'll all want to saviour as many away days as possible in the Premier League.

And who cares anyway; I love the Albion's passionate, vocal and intimate away support and seeing the same faces week-in-week-out cheering us on. I hope we never lose that sense of belonging at Brighton.

You would be correct. 13.9% - 09/10 season and 19.1% - 10/11 season.

Completeley agree, our loyal vocal away support is tremendous and lots of faces from the Goldstone era. But a few more turning out would be nice. Hopefully a (lengthy) spell in the Prem will introduce a new generation to the joys of an Albion away day experience.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
An example:

[tweet]833395364459864065[/tweet]

To be fair, if I wanted to find out about the reality of anything, and especially what it may mean in the wider scheme of things, I wouldn't ponder what a spotty teenager has written on Twitter. I may as well ask the cat what I should do about my haemorrhoids.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Arsenal have taken only 500 to Sutton today. Absolutely pathetic. This proves they are no longer a big club. Wenker has to go. It's imbarrising.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair, if I wanted to find out about the reality of anything, and especially what it may mean in the wider scheme of things, I wouldn't ponder what a spotty teenager has written on Twitter. I may as well ask the cat what I should do about my haemorrhoids.

I know, I know. It doesn't deserve publicity - need to ignore things more :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know, I know. It doesn't deserve publicity - need to ignore things more :thumbsup:

Yes, although . . . what would be the fun in that? :lolol::wozza::bigwave:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well if we had larger ticket allocations we would probably have more fans going. There have been at least three games this season that I wanted to go to but they sold out before I was entitled to buy a ticket (Forest being the most recent).

And as for the the Leeds "massive", last time we played them most of their support seemed to travel up on the West Coastway services and not an "eh oop" amongst the lot of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here