Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#NeverWrong.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The difference with Kayal's performance last night was that he didnt play in the Stephens role which most are advocating he played as AM more and Propper backed him up by doing the Stephens job The player who Kayal would replace on that showing is Gross so there comes the debate. On myoriginal point I think that Dicker would cover Stephens better than Kayal does.

March replaced Gross not Kayal. Kayal replaced Stephens to form a partnership with Propper.

If you seriously think Dicker is a better holding midfielder than Kayal then it’s not worth debating any further with you.

Neither are defensive midfielders but given a choice Kayal everyday. Dicker would be out of his depth at this level with his complete lack of pace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
March replaced Gross not Kayal. Kayal replaced Stephens to form a partnership with Propper.

If you seriously think Dicker is a better holding midfielder than Kayal then it’s not worth debating any further with you.

Neither are defensive midfielders but given a choice Kayal everyday. Dicker would be out of his depth at this level with his complete lack of pace.

I accept that initially March replaced Gross but as the game wore on Kayal took up the position with March reverting to his wide role. as I have said I think that Dicker would do a job sat in front of the back 4.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The difference with Kayal's performance last night was that he didnt play in the Stephens role which most are advocating he played as AM more and Propper backed him up by doing the Stephens job The player who Kayal would replace on that showing is Gross so there comes the debate. On myoriginal point I think that Dicker would cover Stephens better than Kayal does.

You’ve falling into the FIFA playing generation of kids. There isn’t a ‘Stephens role’. Sure there is a ‘Gross role’ but not Stephens. Stephens is a CM who is tasked with wining and distributing the ball. Attacking and defending. Sure he’ll do it in his style but there’s him & Propper essentially doing the same role.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Simply not true....most of the debate has been about you saying Kayal wasn't fit for the PL....clearly thats been proved wrong...and not just because of last night...time to bin the Kayal dossier ...we all make mistakes!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just leave it - stop posting about it.

Seriously, step away from the keyboard. Is becoming embarrassing [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
The difference between Kayal and both Stephens and Dicker last night is that neither of the latter two would have even thought of using their weaker foot to cross that ball, even thought it was the obvious thing to do.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A tale of two midfielders this weekend.

Kayak massively influential and MOTM in the premier league.

Gary Dicker on the bench in a league which is barely league 1.

Probably time to close the thread, unless BG can summon the strength for one last post in defence.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
SING up Gary D :clap2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Kilmarnock top of the Scottish PL

Dicker instrumental in their unstoppable surge up the league winning Killies POTM for October.

Well done Gary, no wonder there is interest from South of the border for a January swoop.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
MOTM again today in Kilmarnock v Rangers. Almost single handedly got the game by the scruff of the neck in the 2nd half resulting in a deserved equaliser. Unfortunately for Killie they conceded in injury time for a heartbreaking 2-1 defeat, cue pandemonium the n the stands as hundreds of Rangers fans spilled onto the pitch. Dicker waving at the fans at full time, could that be his last game in the blue and white stripes?

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here