• Yes

Votes: 76 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ha what a load of b0ll0cks, you sound like a spoilt kid.
" Natural human atsmophere". ???
Boro , Hudds, and massive (semi final) have all raised the roof when we've played them at their place, fantastic human atmosphere, and guess what they all beat us. Imagine how the players must feel with that kind of support lifting them, rather than a couple of thousand singing at brake neck speed and getting the words wrong.
See ya :bigwave:
You are talking the b@llocks mate. The atmosphere we had against massive was incredible, the best I've ever experienced and guess what? It was without a drum.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Ha what a load of b0ll0cks, you sound like a spoilt kid.
" Natural human atsmophere". ???
Boro , Hudds, and massive (semi final) have all raised the roof when we've played them at their place, fantastic human atmosphere, and guess what they all beat us. Imagine how the players must feel with that kind of support lifting them, rather than a couple of thousand singing at brake neck speed and getting the words wrong.
See ya :bigwave:

And there was me, under the impression that I was allowed an opinion without being insulted for it. I bow to your mature, grown up, approach!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's amazing how a drum can divide opinion as much as this every time. Poll split 50:50. Only the honey badger splits NSC as much as this!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
You are talking the b@llocks mate. The atmosphere we had against massive was incredible, the best I've ever experienced and guess what? It was without a drum.

You do know it was a two legged affair don't you? I'm talking at their place.
At ours , yes it was incredible, does it happen every game , no it doesn't , it's not usually a cauldron of noise is it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A contingency needs to be in place for next season.

If we're still in the Championship watching an inferior team a drum will become almost essential, if only to cover up the cracks in our support.

Failing that there's no point introducing a bangy thing for Blackburn, QPR and then Stoke on a random February evening.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
And there was me, under the impression that I was allowed an opinion without being insulted for it. I bow to your mature, grown up, approach!

Fair enough, but I just don't get the attitude of giving up watching the team you support because of a drum ???
I take you never go to away games?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is it logically possible to be so vehemently against a well used drum ("I'd never come to another game!") and yet to massively enjoy loud chanting helped along by rhythmic banging on the back of the stand and/or coordinated clapping...?

I am in favour of giving a drummer a go in the middle of the North Stand. If he (it must be a bloke) is decent at it then he will be congratulated and encouraged.

If he is shit then he must be silenced and someone else given a go on the same trial basis. If he and a third drummer were also shit then the experiment should end.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The atmosphere is pretty poor to be fair and some people on here need to admit it. Anything we can do to enhance it and make it like it was for Shef Wed last May would be worthwhile.

If you feel the atmosphere is OK, then I suggest you haven’t been to many away games and seen what noise other home fans produce.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
There is a new breed of supporter at all clubs these days. They don't all sit together, but meet up in the concourse either at half or full time. They sing the latest songs that they've picked up on via tv. They get a little boisterous, they film it on their phones for posting on various sites. It's a modern phenomenon that adds nothing to the actual game time experience. Still, everyone's having a good time, no problem.

Not complaining, it's just the way it is these days. But, when asked for my opinion in a poll, then I would say keep your drum for your little get together in the concourse. It does nothing for the actual match atmosphere, except make those teams that have one sound completely fake & tinpot.

I realise the golden days of the game are long gone, in my case the Goldstone North Stand. If only all the young uns today could experience that, then they know what an old man like me is talking about. We didn't need a drum, we just needed to be standing all together, supporting our team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realise the golden days of the game are long gone, in my case the Goldstone North Stand. If only all the young uns today could experience that, then they know what an old man like me is talking about. We didn't need a drum, we just needed to be standing all together, supporting our team.
Take the rosy specs off.

The Goldstone was no different to now, if anything it was probably worse, even in the glory days.

Quite possibly the last time this came up Wade v Newcastle was highlighted as a brilliant raucous evening, then someone posted the extended highlights, including hearing the players calling for the ball. :facepalm:

When thinking back to the Goldstone you're thinking of the equivalent matches then to this season's Wednesday, Norwich et al.
Not the games that correspond with Burton.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Having been to most of the away games this season I can't say I've been impressed by any of them, with or without a drum, probably with the exception of Lincoln for obvious reasons.

What atmosphere there has been has usually been generated by the excellent away support from the travelling Albion throng and they certainly don't need a drum. Long may they reign.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Nobody is trying to suggest we don't have good atmospheres at the Amex for really big games. It's the lesser games that need some work.

As someone else has said, I don't understand how people can be happy with banging against the stand, but so against banging against a drum.

I can't understand why people are so anti the idea of a trial. If it genuinely improves the atmosphere and gets everyone singing in time, and isn't annoying, then surely that is a good thing? If it doesn't, and people don't like it, then get rid of it. Are people really so precious that they couldn't even bare to give it a go for three games? What's the harm in trying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm not saying your not wrong, but it's just the timing and demands of the trolling OP that's the problem.

You'll have to expand on my 'demands' and how I'm a 'Troll' for simply proposing a trial of a drum?

Trolling Nimrod. Nice.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm thinking drum auditions. Possibly incorporating a LANYARD for authorised drummers only. WAY too many over-enthusiastic wallies with absolutely no sense of rhythm whatsoever attempting to do the most basic of footballing drum rhythms on the big metal signs in the North. They'll be disappointed with those efforts. Though not so much as the rest of us. They should probably be ejected with extreme prejudice. Only way they'll LEARN :moo:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The atmosphere is pretty poor to be fair and some people on here need to admit it. Anything we can do to enhance it and make it like it was for Shef Wed last May would be worthwhile.

If you feel the atmosphere is OK, then I suggest you haven’t been to many away games and seen what noise other home fans produce.

We have a better atmosphere when we play a top team, so when we arrive in town it generates a bit more excitement. Tongue not entirely in my cheek.
Where in particular do you feel the home fans have been outstanding?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am only for a drum if it is a feckin massive one that requires a Viking with a 3 foot beater to play it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here