• No

Votes: 119 61.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 76 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
The day we get drums, trumpets or any other musical instrument is the day I stop going! Downright annoying going to any club where they have them and is the main reason I no longer watch England matches on TV. It's a God awful row which dominates proceedings and detracts from the natural, human atmosphere of a football match.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
I haven't liked the idea of a drum for the reasons others have said.

HOWEVER. IF the drummer uses it to FOLLOW the songs rather than start them
And doesn't feel the need to bang it all the time we should trial it.

Hitting the back of the stand etc hurts and is hard to keep going. My alternative is bring something to hit the back of the stand with (that doesn't mark it) like a drum beater with the big felt bit at the end.

[Que furious attack for suggesting we try it!] :wrong:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I haven't liked the idea of a drum for the reasons others have said.

HOWEVER. IF the drummer uses it to FOLLOW the songs rather than start them
And doesn't feel the need to bang it all the time we should trial it.

Hitting the back of the stand etc hurts and is hard to keep going. My alternative is bring something to hit the back of the stand with (that doesn't mark it) like a drum beater with the big felt bit at the end.

[Que furious attack for suggesting we try it!] :wrong:

Do what you like mate , and good luck , , , ,football supporters moaning it's too noisy or maybe to noisy at a football match , seriously ! :lolol: kinel .

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Only tinpot clubs have drums.....palace, tinpot etc

Boca Juniors, Dortmund etc. Tinpot.

It's really sad that it's come to this, but the North Stand needs a drum. I think it must be down to people's egos that different groups of fans can't just sing the same song, rather than trying to outdo each other. It's pathetic. But that's the situation, so we either fix it by having a drum (and by God it needs to be the right person, not some moron incessantly banging all through the game) or accept that the Amex atmosphere is great for big games, and poor for everything else.

The atmosphere at Boro last year was one of the best home atmosphere's I've ever witnessed, their drummer was good, and he used it to keep people in time and unite the ground in singing the same song, rather than trying to start his own songs. That's what we need. It has to be worth a trial. The hardest part is getting the right person to do it.

All these people who say they'll never go again if we have a drum are talking rubbish.

One other point- it should only be for home games. We don't need any help away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's really sad that it's come to this, but the North Stand needs a drum. I think it must be down to people's egos that different groups of fans can't just sing the same song, rather than trying to outdo each other. It's pathetic. But that's the situation, so we either fix it by having a drum (and by God it needs to be the right person, not some moron incessantly banging all through the game) or accept that the Amex atmosphere is great for big games, and poor for everything else.

The atmosphere at Boro last year was one of the best home atmosphere's I've ever witnessed, their drummer was good, and he used it to keep people in time and unite the ground in singing the same song, rather than trying to start his own songs. That's what we need. It has to be worth a trial. The hardest part is getting the right person to do it.

All these people who say they'll never go again if we have a drum are talking rubbish.

I'm not saying your not wrong, but it's just the timing and demands of the trolling OP that's the problem.

We don't need a drum.
We need a game.
We need opposition fans.
We need a focal point.

All of which will be there for us v Reading & Newcastle.

The atmosphere on Saturday will be completely different to the Burton game.
Which in turn will be very similar to the Blackburn, that's just the nature of us Albion fans.

Plus a drum would do away with the bizarrely odd sight of a bunch of 40 somethings, attempting to intimidate a group of pensioners, who all to a person are steadfastly ignoring their existence on the planet.

It's compelling to say the least.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I used to be very much against it, but I can see the problem. It is however mostly though caused by the police box crew as they seem determined to sing their own songs regardless of anything else. When the centre of the North Stand sings it is great and it seems as though everyone joins in.

However given this problem a drum may be an answer to help bring it together BUT it must be used SPARINGLY, very SPARINGLY. We have all been at other stadiums/grounds/shitholes where a great atmosphere is deemed to be a drum being banged for 90 minutes. This isn't a great atmosphere, it's crass. So yes to the drum, but please for the love of god, restrict it's use as much as you can.

ps) I have added a much needed poll to this thread.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm not saying your not wrong, but it's just the timing and demands of the trolling OP that's the problem.

We don't need a drum.
We need a game.
We need opposition fans.
We need a focal point.

All of which will be there for us v Reading & Newcastle.

The atmosphere on Saturday will be completely different to the Burton game.
Which in turn will be very similar to the Blackburn, that's just the nature of us Albion fans.

Plus a drum would do away with the bizarrely odd sight of a bunch of 40 somethings, attempting to intimidate a group of pensioners, who all to a person are steadfastly ignoring their existence on the planet.

It's compelling to say the least.

Do you know what, you're probably right re the timing. You've changed my mind and would like to change my vote to NO.

It needs trialling at a game that would otherwise be a poor atmosphere, or it wouldn't be a fair trial.

Blackburn is the correct game to trial it at, and gives more time to sort it out.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The day we get drums, trumpets or any other musical instrument is the day I stop going! Downright annoying going to any club where they have them and is the main reason I no longer watch England matches on TV. It's a God awful row which dominates proceedings and detracts from the natural, human atmosphere of a football match.

Ha what a load of b0ll0cks, you sound like a spoilt kid.
" Natural human atsmophere". ???
Boro , Hudds, and massive (semi final) have all raised the roof when we've played them at their place, fantastic human atmosphere, and guess what they all beat us. Imagine how the players must feel with that kind of support lifting them, rather than a couple of thousand singing at brake neck speed and getting the words wrong.
See ya :bigwave:

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Do what you like mate , and good luck , , , ,football supporters moaning it's too noisy or maybe to noisy at a football match , seriously ! :lolol: kinel .

No idea what you're on about mate. Love a noisey atmosphere. Insensate drum banging is just annoying IMO.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This, plus its Reading with a comedy villain playing for them the atmosphere will be great, strange game to chose.
I suspect Kermorgrant will be nowhere near the amex on Saturday, given that he doesn't seem to play every game and will surely have a tactical reason to miss this one.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I was in the South Stand for the Burton game and people are kidding themselves if they think that the North Stand already generates enough noise; from where I was it was quiet and disjointed, usually with 2 muffled songs going on at the same time. The only time it comes together is when people bang on the back wall, so if a drum gets a bit of coordination going then flippin' go for it! If not a drum then a bugle or a klaxon, but for gawd's sake someone do something (sadly as I'm an old gipper it won't be me)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Sums it up perfectly for me.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm on the fence. Marginally anti-drum. That said, I was at Huddersfield and they used their's to great effect. Certainly better than the Reading lot do.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I was in the South Stand for the Burton game and people are kidding themselves if they think that the North Stand already generates enough noise; from where I was it was quiet and disjointed, usually with 2 muffled songs going on at the same time. The only time it comes together is when people bang on the back wall, so if a drum gets a bit of coordination going then flippin' go for it! If not a drum then a bugle or a klaxon, but for gawd's sake someone do something (sadly as I'm an old gipper it won't be me)

Definitely not a bugle or anything 'musical', England games are so bad because of that bloody band, it kills the atmosphere. We just needs something that bangs, as someone said before, even something to bang the back of the stand with would work, and might placate some of the people who are concerned about how 'tinpot' we will look by having a drum, whatever that means. Why anyone cares what we look like to other club's fans, I have no idea, but each to their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
That was Burton, you nimrod.

Come back here after the Reading game and tell us we need a drum.
If you're right then, then fine let's get a drum as it'll be clear to all we really are a piss poor set of fans.

No one said after the Wednesday play off game:-

'you know what we need...

...a drum'.

Nice use of the word "nimrod".

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here