Votes: 119 61.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 76 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I've been against a drum previously but last Saturday after the Burton game actually changed my opinion seeing what effect it had and how it bought everyone together and more importantly in time!

Personally I think it should be given a trial for the Reading game on Saturday, gauge the success or failure afterwards and go from there. I'm sure many will disagree and I'll probably get slated for the proposal, but I'm all for trying to improve the atmosphere and bring everyone together in the North Stand for what are two of our biggest games of the season.

Edit - I appreciate it was a bin not a drum after the Burton game.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
It actually improves the atmosphere when those blokes at the back of the north stand bang on the wall behind them.

So yeah I'd be up for that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was Burton, you nimrod.

Come back here after the Reading game and tell us we need a drum.
If you're right then, then fine let's get a drum as it'll be clear to all we really are a piss poor set of fans.

No one said after the Wednesday play off game:-

'you know what we need...

...a drum'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I've been against a drum previously but last Saturday after the Burton game actually changed my opinion seeing what effect it had and how it bought everyone together and more importantly in time!

Personally I think it should be given a trial for the Reading game on Saturday, gauge the success or failure afterwards and go from there. I'm sure many will disagree and I'll probably get slated for the proposal, but I'm all for trying to improve the atmosphere and bring everyone together in the North Stand for what are two of our biggest games of the season.

There was a drum at the Burton game? if there was I never heard it.

Tinpot idea, if people can't get up for these two games without the whole of the LSO then there is no hope of ever getting any atmosphere

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
That was Burton, you nimrod.

Come back here after the Reading game and tell us we need a drum.
If you're right then, then fine let's get a drum as it'll be clear to all we really are a piss poor set of fans.

No one said after the Wednesday play off game:-

'you know what we need...

...a drum'.
They definitely didn't - but most games the atmosphere really is lacking ! if it turns out to be rubbish then we wont have it again

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
To be clear.... no one is suggesting there is a lack of atmosphere, this is an attempt to bring the North Stand together as one and further IMPROVE the atmosphere.

Slate it, cristicise it, rule it out.. but at least give it a chance first IMO.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Beats the hell out of me why we need a drum, it's so European.
I'm sure the massed choir of the NS doesn't need a Muppet banging out of tune to GOSBTS.
Sorry not for me :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The old north stand often sung two competing songs back in the day. It was never a problem then. If the match is important enough and the players are playing well then the atmosphere lifts. We don't need a drum.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG etc

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
There was drum at the Reading playoff but the drummer they booked didn't turn up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's against the amex ground regs so getting these altered, and a drum authorised before the Reading game is a bit ambitious I'd have thought.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's against the amex ground regs so getting these altered, and a drum authorised before the Reading game is a bit ambitious I'd have thought.

The club agreed it last season , then changed their mind because colin in row Z of the east upper said it would ruin his matchday experience of sitting in complete silence for 80 minutes

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

If it's against the ground regulations, why were that godawful Sheffield Wednesday band allowed to bring one in for the England U21 International match last year?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So many of our songs don't need a drum. I just fear, and maybe this is a poor stereotype, it will be the type of person who will bang on the thing from start to finish and try to be the one that starts songs, rather than just assist the songs when they are generated organically.

Also, if he is authorised by the club to enter with a drum, how exactly are we going to oust him if it sounds as shit as some people fear?

I don't think there's any doubt that it would up the noise though, as evidenced v Barnsley - credit to the blokes smashing the back of the stand yesterday.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They have a drum at Bristol City right next to the away end. Not sure if it helps their atmosphere, but it is ****ing annoying. If we do get a drum, stick it in the South Stand......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here